Hour of Work: part-time position approx. 25% FTE (10 hours per week)
Location: primary work location will be in Lawrence; however, may travel to Topeka campus as needed (mileage reimbursed).
Required : Must possess a valid Kansas Driver’s License, in force automobile liability insurance and maintain a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) that meets organization’s insurability standard as defined by Midland policy. Availability of reliable transportation is required for this position. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with major studies in nutrition, dietetics, or related field; current, unrestricted Kansas State registration as a dietitian and three years of professional experience.
Preferred : Minimum of one year experience working with the frail and elderly population, home care or geriatric experience.
The registered dietician plans therapeutic diets, consults with physician and others to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions for clients of all Midland programs. Provides instruction to patients and their families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection, and preparation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides for continuity of service across care settings through effective information management, including both verbal and written communication.
• Assures that Therapeutic Communication is used with all patients/participants.
• Involves the patient/family in setting care goals and objectives.
• Provides emotional support to patients/participants and families in a manner that fosters independence and affirms existing strengths.
• Participates in the orientation of new members of the interdisciplinary team and students.
• Completes initial assessment, periodic assessments, annual assessments and initiates change in plan of care as appropriate to meet the needs of the patient/participant and family.
• Plans specific interventions in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, as appropriate, to resolve current problems and prevent potential problems.
• Teaches and demonstrates care to be provided to the patient/participant, family, RN, home health aide, or other health care provider.
• Identifies need for intervention by other members of the interdisciplinary team on an ongoing basis; collaborates in the planning of such care.
• Participates in the interdisciplinary team (IDT) and communicates changes in the participant’s condition.
• Acts independently and responsibly to perform job duties on a consistent basis.
• Provides clinical oversight of dietary services for the organization.
• Carries out the mission and values of Midland Care Connection.
• Assures Patient/Participant’s Rights are met.
• Respects the autonomy and right to confidentiality, self-determination, informed consent, privacy, and security of all patients/participants and families.
• Practices universal precautions in all contacts with patients/participants.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of care in conjunction with other members of the interdisciplinary team. Reports changes in patient/participant condition to the attending physician and seeks needed changes as warranted.
• Documents care provided and the response of the patient/family; submits documentation in a timely fashion as described in agency policy.
• Participates in the development of policies, procedures, clinical protocols, forms, and service programs as requested.
• Participates in departmental and/or agency-wide quality improvement activities.
• Seeks opportunities for professional growth, including accepting constructive performance feedback.
• Uses evolving technologies as instructed.
• Participates in community events as applicable.
• Manages a caseload and delivers care in a cost-effective manner that demonstrates an understanding of reimbursement methodologies.
The Midland Way
Other Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Carries out the mission and values of Midland. Articulates Midland Philosophy. Demonstrates a willingness to assist in patient/client and family care as needed. Respects the autonomy and right of confidentiality of patients/clients and families. Demonstrates good customer service the Midland Way at all times. Participates in performance improvement activities. Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with other staff. Comes to work in neat, clean attire and consistently presents an appropriately professional appearance. Comes to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality. Understands the organization’s computer system(s) and the software(s) used within the department as applicable to this position. Serves as a Universal Employee and accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner. Performs all duties as assigned in an effective manner. Understands and demonstrates compliance with Midland policies and procedures.
• Must be able to continuously stand and walk, frequently squat, climb stairs, bend to the floor, kneel, twist, sit, and remain in uncomfortable positions for prolonged periods of time.
• Must have visual acuity sufficient to continuously note changes in participant condition (breathing, color), and to read instruments.
• Must have hearing acuity sufficient to hear verbal instructions and communication from clients, respond to emergency alarms, and answer the telephone.
• Must be able to concentrate on moderate details with frequent interruptions, attend to specific functions for 10-25 minutes, remember multiple tasks and assignments over an 8-hour period, and understand and relate specific ideas and concepts.
• Must be able to deal effectively with stress, participants and their families, multiple tasks, noise, and interruptions, and to work cooperatively with other members of the interdisciplinary team while maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor.
• Must be able to travel to and access participant homes where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or participants' lifestyles.
Telephone, computer, FAX machine, motor vehicle, equipment as identified for job duties.
Individual must wear business attire all of the time and must be able to travel to patient homes where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles.
Midland Care - 4 months ago
Midlands Eye Care is dedicated to providing unsurpassed quality eyecare to patients of all ages. Along with comprehensive eye exams, we offe...