THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Negotiation and purchase with all vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors for the material and services within the small purchase threshold of $100,000, required to perform the prime contract. Point of contact for Small Purchase threshold Contracts and Local Purchases via credit card and purchase requests.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Provides procurement and vendor subcontract repair, service and supplies support via credit card and purchase requests.
2. Issues and reviews written purchase order for accuracy, form content and appearance.
3. Establishes source list and uses all available resources while seeking best price and availability on all requirements through competition.
4. Analyzes requests for quote on repairs, supplies, and services and authorizes vendor to
proceed in accordance with requirements. Extensive supplier contact is required.
5. Must possess the ability to communicate well orally and in writing; have good negotiating skills and logically arrive at final decisions.
6. Evaluate subcontractor invoices for payment and maintain cumulative payment figures.
7. Other general administrative duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Work is in a general office environment.
Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical dangers and chemical or hazardous agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School graduate or equivalent and two years advanced education or specialized training.
Minimum of five years acquisition experience with in-depth knowledge of Procurement and subcontracting systems to include Federal Acquisition Regulation.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date