Programmer/Developer
Troy Michigan Works - Royal Oak, MI

This job posting is no longer available on Troy Michigan Works. Find similar jobs: Programmer Developer jobs - Troy Michigan Works jobs

DESCRIPTION

LevelSet Solutions (LSS) offers a dynamic and fast-paced, highly diverse base of project work, in a fun, challenging, and results-oriented environment. We are passionate about the success of our team members and clients as they pursue their career and business goals.

Our focus is on innovative and future focused marketing and technology-based business solutions which require a great degree of collaboration, cross-functional teamwork, and a drive to learn and grow professionally.

With a relentless drive to meet our clients' business objectives and a commitment to achieving them by always doing the right thing, we are carefully searching for an exceptional individual who in addition to possessing the desired skill set will be a good cultural fit with our team.

A typical day in the life of an LSS Developer: Start off with a fresh cup of coffee from the office KeurigTake a seat at your desk in our open, cubicle-free environment overlooking downtown Royal OakBoot up your laptop to either OSX or Windows (whichever you prefer), pull down the latest code from the Github repository, and start codingUsually you'll be dedicating 80% of your day to a primary project that you're working on, while the other 20% can be filled with smaller requests or collaboration with teammates.

At LSS, we aren't looking for the typical corporate developer. We want someone who is open to ideas and can properly express them in a collaborative environment; someone who enjoys learning, because they will be doing a lot of it; and someone who loves solving difficult and challenging business problems, because that's what we do.

Overall responsibilities for this position include: Determine the best technologies to use for upcoming projects, both big and smallCommunicate with project managers and other members of the team throughout project developmentOccasionally meet with clients to bridge the gap between their goal and the technology used to achieve itDevelop solutions that make use of common programming design patternsWrite readable and functional code - if another developer needs to work on your project, he/she should be able to understand how it works without too much effort.

DUTIES

LevelSet Solutions (LSS) offers a dynamic and fast-paced, highly diverse base of project work, in a fun, challenging, and results-oriented environment. We are passionate about the success of our team members and clients as they pursue their career and business goals.

Our focus is on innovative and future focused marketing and technology-based business solutions which require a great degree of collaboration, cross-functional teamwork, and a drive to learn and grow professionally. Projects range from mobile application development and daily marketing management to large scale custom technology solutions and national marketing campaigns across several different industries.

With a relentless drive to meet our clients' business objectives and a commitment to achieving them by always doing the right thing, we are carefully searching for an exceptional individual who in addition to possessing the desired skill set will be a good cultural fit with our team.

A typical day in the life of an LSS Developer:
  • Start off with a fresh cup of coffee from the office Keurig.
  • Take a seat at your desk in our open, cubicle-free environment overlooking downtown Royal Oak.
  • Boot up your laptop to either OSX or Windows (whichever you prefer), pull down the latest code from the Github repository, and start coding.
  • Usually you'll be dedicating 80% of your day to a primary project that you're working on, while the other 20% can be filled with smaller requests or collaboration with teammates.
We build solutions using the right tools for the job, which means that we aren't tied to any single set of technologies. Some examples of past projects include:

  • Interactive iOS marketing apps
  • Standard WordPress brochure websites
  • Heavily customized WordPress websites with emphasis on functionality
  • Web-based automation utilities
  • Reporting tools to analyze millions of database records in real-time
  • iOS game apps that communicate over a local network with other devices
  • Large-scale ecommerce portals.
  • Management of AWS cloud servers running Linux and Windows
At LSS, we aren't looking for the typical corporate developer. We want someone who is open to ideas and can properly express them in a collaborative environment; someone who enjoys learning, because they will be doing a lot of it; and someone who loves solving difficult and challenging business problems, because that's what we do.

Overall responsibilities for this position include:
  • Determine the best technologies to use for upcoming projects, both big and small.
  • Communicate with project managers and other members of the team throughout project development.
  • Occasionally meet with clients to bridge the gap between their goal and the technology used to achieve it.
  • Develop solutions that make use of common programming design patterns.
  • Write readable and functional code - if another developer needs to work on your project, he/she should be able to understand how it works without too much effort.
QUALIFICATIONS

Skills that are nice to have, but not required:
  • Experience in some sort of web languages (PHP, ASP.NET, Ruby, etc)
  • Ability to navigate a Linux environment
  • Experience with version control (git would be best, but SVN is also a plus)
  • Knowledge of common design patterns (factory, singleton, etc)
  • Ability to design a normalized database
  • Knowing when to ask for help
LevelSet Solutions is a collection of highly experienced and talented professionals who joined forces because of their passion to help companies grow and succeed. Our vision is to provide superior planning, execution, and success. LevelSet Solutions suite of services includes Internet marketing, business technology solutions and custom software.

If you would like to join us in growing our company, please send your resume to michworks.resumesgmail.com

LevelSet Solutions (LSS) offers a dynamic and fast-paced, highly diverse base of project work, in a fun, challenging, and results-oriented environment. We are passionate about the success of our team members and clients as they pursue their career and business goals.

Our focus is on innovative and future focused marketing and technology-based business solutions which require a great degree of collaboration, cross-functional teamwork, and a drive to learn and grow professionally. Projects range from mobile application development and daily marketing management to large scale custom technology solutions and national marketing campaigns across several different industries.

With a relentless drive to meet our clients' business objectives and a commitment to achieving them by always doing the right thing, we are carefully searching for an exceptional individual who in addition to possessing the desired skill set will be a good cultural fit with our team.

A typical day in the life of an LSS Developer:
  • Start off with a fresh cup of coffee from the office Keurig.
  • Take a seat at your desk in our open, cubicle-free environment overlooking downtown Royal Oak.
  • Boot up your laptop to either OSX or Windows (whichever you prefer), pull down the latest code from the Github repository, and start coding.
  • Usually you'll be dedicating 80% of your day to a primary project that you're working on, while the other 20% can be filled with smaller requests or collaboration with teammates.
We build solutions using the right tools for the job, which means that we aren't tied to any single set of technologies. Some examples of past projects include:

  • Interactive iOS marketing apps
  • Standard WordPress brochure websites
  • Heavily customized WordPress websites with emphasis on functionality
  • Web-based automation utilities
  • Reporting tools to analyze millions of database records in real-time
  • iOS game apps that communicate over a local network with other devices
  • Large-scale ecommerce portals.
  • Management of AWS cloud servers running Linux and Windows
At LSS, we aren't looking for the typical corporate developer. We want someone who is open to ideas and can properly express them in a collaborative environment; someone who enjoys learning, because they will be doing a lot of it; and someone who loves solving difficult and challenging business problems, because that's what we do.

Overall responsibilities for this position include:
  • Determine the best technologies to use for upcoming projects, both big and small.
  • Communicate with project managers and other members of the team throughout project development.
  • Occasionally meet with clients to bridge the gap between their goal and the technology used to achieve it.
  • Develop solutions that make use of common programming design patterns.
  • Write readable and functional code - if another developer needs to work on your project, he/she should be able to understand how it works without too much effort.