Security Clearance Required:
(Requires an active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph)
Essential Job Functions
- Researches, write, edits, and proofread more complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way. Reviews and revises documents prepared by others and coordinates the preparation of those materials for a completed product.
- Determines the scope and timeline of new documentation projects in order to plan projects. Leads and coordinates project plans, determines resources, etc. Ensures projects and products meet deadlines, quality standards and client needs.
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel. Reads previous documentation and design notes, and uses computer based training or company technical products to gather and research more complex technical information for use in more complex documentation. Develops and establishes requirements based upon information gathered.
- Writes, organizes, enters and compiles more complex online help files to support end users. Ensures documents and materials adhere to established standards and guidelines; recommends revisions to standards and guidelines.
- Creates, compiles, and delivers more complex system/software developmental documentation packages including, but not limited to narratives, logic diagrams, input and output samples, input preparation instructions, job setup information, etc., from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development, configuration control requirements, test and training specifications, and programming notes. Provides feedback and input and helps craft documentation provided by others.
- Establishes and creates style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, technical writing or related field preferred
- Four or more years of technical writing experience
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software
- Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Experience working with company software products
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
ICS Technologies - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
QuIC maintains five offices around the world to support client, partner and employee growth. The Vancouver office serves as our corporate...