The Site Director drives the engagement, performance, and employer brand of a DIRECTV Call Center (industry best-in-class). This position drives the quality, efficiency, and customer loyalty growth with every contact at the site; and acts as a major influence to the DIRECTV Customer Experience strategy. This includes the tactical execution and achievement of Call Center key performance indicators as well as on-going assessment and development of key strategic plans. The site director must have proven experience and demonstrate the competencies and behaviors of the DIRECTV Leadership formula in the strategic operation of the Customer Contact Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sustains and evolves a customer centric culture and drive the behaviors that are associated with high levels of agent. Create a customer centric culture and drive the behaviors that are associated with high levels of agent proficiency. Recognize and reinforce desired behavior (individual and team); align rewards with contribution; resolve performance issues pro-actively; align performance metrics to support the achievement of business, departmental, and team goals.
- Ability to lead an organization that attracts, develops, and retains frontline talent that reduces time to proficiency and delivers a great customer experience. Ability to motivate large teams that achieve the highest levels of employee engagement. Ability to create stretch expectations for the frontline managers, and inspect and coach their performance rigorously, extremely candidly, honestly, and accurately.
- Ability to champion and remove all obstacles that get in the way of creating a great customer experience. This includes championing the identification of processes/procedures gaps, adjustments to policy, and team as well as individual performance.
- Ability to create and maintain an external network to continually communicate and re-enforce our employer brand
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required
: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability.
Education and/or formal training
10 + years related work experience in another operator type role in addition to call center is highly desired (for example, staff operations roles, Sales/Retail Director)
Bachelor's degree in business management, business administration or related discipline or equivalent experience required. Master's degree in business highly desirable.
Requires ten or more years of experience in large call center, telemarketing, or sales/loyalty (preferred) organization
Must have six or more years experience in a management role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Set a Strategic Direction
o Understands the long-term organizational strategy and utilizes a variety of strategic planning and problem-solving tools to identify and resolve core issues.
o Actively looks for opportunities to improve how work gets done in the interest of the customer and organizational goals.
o Makes decisions that are aligned with creating the desired customer experience -whether tools, products, systems, etc.
o Builds the case for change; inspires and rallies the organization.
o Sets clear and challenging individual and departmental goals that are aligned with the company's strategy.
o Efficiently and effectively manages time, people and money - behaves as if they are an "owner."
o Holds self and others accountable to achieve results, utilizing a variety of tools and methods on a regular basis to monitor progress.
o Creates and leverages a network of people who are considered strong performers in the industry or field.
o Leads from the front - takes the time to be visible and accessible.
o Keeps open lines of communication to ensure the tone at the top is conveyed throughout the organization.
o Continually raises the bar for talent through measured performance and accountability.
Do It the Right Way
o Exhibits consistency between values, words and actions.
o Relates to others in an open and approachable manner at all levels in the organization.
o Effectively navigates through differences to achieve the best outcome for the organization.
o Actions reflect an awareness of the impact of own behavior on decisions and behaviors of others.
o Promotes a culture of collaboration and removes obstacles to teamwork.
o Builds a capable organization by ensuring people and resources are aligned to maximize contribution to the organizational strategy and goals.
o Has a basic understanding of how the business runs and applies that knowledge to their day-to-day decision making.
Other position Considerations
Call Center-Specific Information
- Travel may be required to attend work related meetings and training sessions and the ability to expense costs prior to reimbursement.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that provides needed coverage for customer service levels and/or time-sensitive projects.
- Required to read and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Able to maintain a regular work schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Support and model the company values.
- Must have the potential and desire to grow to the next two levels in the organization
"DIRECTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer"
- The Missoula Montana Customer Contact Center (CCC) has approx. 800 employee
- Call types handled out of the Missoula CCC are Technical (TECH) & Billing (BGI)
- The Missoula CCC is currently open from 5:45am MST - 11pm MST, 7 days a week
- The Site Director position reports directly to the VP, Billing & Reporting Ops
Customer Services Management
DIRECTV - 2 years ago
DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the US, ahead...