Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
You will be responsible for the leadership of your assigned organization to support continuous improvement, the development of people and development of our future state, through project management and implementation of lean principles and technology. Drive assigned area to extraordinary results within the areas of delivery, safety, quality, and cost through use of accepted business practices and lean methodologies. The Business Unit Manager will have technical knowledge of the process and work closely with the area engineers on improvements.
What You Will Do
· Oversees the execution and control of area Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery performance versus goals for assigned area
· Practices and ensures positive employee relations, ensuring decisions are made in a fair and consistent manner
· Develop strategic plans in which business goals and objectives are met; talent development, customer focus and employee engagement
· Drives the Lean Transformation through involvement in the Policy Deployment (strategic) planning process and the execution of activities defined in that process. Champion lean through daily coaching in lean tools and methodologies
· Responsible for employee engagement and ensures that policies and procedures are administered on a consistent basis
· Responsible for the development and growth of supervisors, group leads and other members of the team
· Consistently ensures that area job responsibilities are promptly and efficiently carried out and nurtures a high level of staff performance
· Drive continuous improvement in area of responsibility relative to business objectives
· Prioritizes and organizes short term and long term goals and activities in accordance with business objectives
· Ensure strict adherence to all Whirlpool manufacturing standards/methods
· Ensure strict adherence to the Whirlpool Leadership Model
· Practices positive employee relations and develops self and others
· Employee coaching, counseling and corrective actions as necessary
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field or Business related field
- At least 5 years proven leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven personal effectiveness through integrity, motivation, dependability/reliability, willingness to learn, interpersonal skills, professionalism and initiative
- Strong understanding of Lean principles and methodologies. Proven track record in driving continuous improvement via lean tools, driver of positive change
- Proven ability to grow individual and organization competency through proactive coaching and mentoring.
- Workplace competencies; teamwork, adaptability/ flexibility, customer focus, planning/organizing, problem solving, decision-making, creative thinking, workplace computer applications, checking, examining and recording, alignment with leadership direction
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated success in a teaming environment
- Demonstrated success in a multi -tasking environment
- PC proficient in MS Office
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
Whirlpool - 2 years ago
With brand names recognized by just about anyone who has ever separated dark colors from light, Whirlpool is one of the world's top...