This is a union position subject to the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
Supports the Director of Development (DOD) by facilitating the daily operations of the Development Department. The Administrative Assistant coordinates the DOD's calendar, facilitates staff communication and meetings, maintains operating procedures for the Development Department and serves as the first point of contact for trustees, donors, prospects and civic leaders.
• Perform all administrative support duties for the Director of Development including, but not limited to: distribution, copying, faxing, filing, screening phone calls, drafting and processing correspondence and other written material as assigned, filling out and submitting time sheets, maintaining calendars, coordinating travel arrangements and meetings, typing confidential personnel evaluations, receiving and routing external and inter-office mail and e-mail, and keeping the Director of Development informed of departmental activities.
• Manage day to day operational budgets for select areas within Development. Work with Development staff to coordinate annual budget preparation, mid-year and year-end review. Oversee processing of confidential budget information including processing invoices for Department. Prepare and track expense reports, reimbursements and invoice payments.
• Work with Administrative Assistant to DDEA to ensure effective communication and relations with internal contacts including Trustees and development committees, with individual donors, and corporate sponsors and with external contacts including prospective corporate and foundation representatives. Coordinate communication between Director of Development and the chairs, volunteers and staff for the Museum.
• Manage requests for invitation lists maintained by the Development Department in consultation with the Donor Records Administrator. Coordinate flow of information regarding changes to the auxiliary rosters.
• Work with the Administrative Assistant to DDEA in supporting Development and External Affairs daily operations by keeping and updating routing slips, emergency contact list, periodical subscriptions, postage stamps and chronological files.
• Support Development Department and External Affairs Division by providing clerical help when needed to all departments of the External Affairs Division, which may include providing staff support at meetings and events organized by the Development Department as requested.
• Other projects as assigned in support of the Development Department's efforts in fundraising.
Education and Training: Possession of a bachelor's degree.
Work Experience: 3 years administrative experience, with a minimum 2 years experience in Development preferred. Substantial experience with standard office procedures and practices.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to handle many projects with overlapping deadlines at once, while maintaining overview of DOD's activities and priorities. Strong attention to detail, excellent writing and communication skills. Good judgment and conservative use of Department's funds and resources. Discretion in sensitive and confidential matters. Diplomacy and ability to deal effectively with trustees, volunteers, public and staff. Proficiency in Microsoft Word for Windows NT, Microsoft Outlook, FileMaker Pro, and Raiser's Edge Database. Ability to type 65-70 wpm with accuracy and attention to formatting.
Physical demands: Some lifting of boxes associated with events and donor benefit fulfillment needs.
Special environmental factors: None.
POSITION: Administrative Assistant - Director of Development
SUPERVISOR: Director of Development
SCHEDULE: Full time/35 hours/week
PAY RATE: $20.14/hour (starting rate)
$24.39/hour (position rate)
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art encourages people of color, residents of SOMA, and other San Francisco residents to apply. The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
SFMOMA - 7 months ago