Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries – including more than half the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 3,500 people worldwide.
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Presales Consultant (PSC) uses a consultative approach while providing product, technical, industry, and/or business expertise to architect exceptional business solutions for prospects and customers primarily through tailored presentations, product demonstrations and proof of concept configurations. This position works cross-functionally and cooperatively in order to provide accurate Kronos representation while differentiating Kronos from its competitors. The PSC also assists in the creation of RFP responses and may provide support to implementation teams as well as post-sales consulting.
Sales Cycle Related Duties:
- Answer RFPs – Respond to prospective customer inquiries (i.e. RFP, RFI, RFQ, etc.) with written descriptions of Kronos product features and describe how they meet the specified business requirements. Excellent written communication skills are necessary.
- Discovery - Working with the sales representative and their prospects, conduct interviews and gather information to identify business and operational issues that can be uniquely addressed by Kronos . Share written discovery information with sales and service teams to facilitate the development of a complete solution.
- Propose Solution – Use the discovery information and Kronos product knowledge to develop a proposed solution for all identified business issues. A proposed solution may be presented to prospects in a conceptual form through the use of PowerPoint, written proposals and other visual media.
- Solution Presentation – Using actual software configurations and/or conceptual illustrations, demonstrate how the Kronos solution satisfies the identified business needs. Presentations may be face-to-face and/or delivered over the web.
- Sales Support – Together with sales team, the presales consultant follow Kronos' sales methodology in order to successfully complete the sale of Kronos’ solutions. The PSC will apply their domain knowledge, product experience and relationship building skills to assist in the sale.
- Transition - Once the sale is completed, the PSC must help transfer collected customer or prospect data to service personnel for a successful transition from sales to service.
- Configure and maintain a provided baseline product demo system. Modify the configuration of baseline demo system to illustrate how the product solves specific business issues. Build proof-of-concept configurations to address detailed, prospect supplied, demo scripts.
- Stay informed on current technology and technology trends. Be able to articulate how Kronos solutions fit into a prospects’ technical environment. Understand environments such as VMWare, hosted solutions, managed services, etc.
Domain Knowledge/Work Experience
- Minimum of five years related work experience in technical product sales, professional services or software training.
- Prior experience with Kronos products, ERP, HRIS, or Kronos competitive products is required.
- Strong knowledge of the Public Sector market space – Higher Education, K-12, State/County/Local, Public Safety and other, non-Federal, government agencies is desired.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Able to function adeptly in front of audiences (face-to-face or via internet only) for the sole purpose of converting prospects’ business challenges to Kronos product solutions.
- Presentations must differentiate Kronos from competitors and build confidence that Kronos is the solution of choice.
- Must have a sound grasp of technology including functionality and high-level overview knowledge of the technical environment in which our products work.
- Understanding of the technology industry as a whole including databases (especially SQL and Oracle), operating systems (especially MS operating systems), web technologies (Java, Flash, etc), server hardware, and network architecture (e.g. firewalls, switches, WAN’s/LAN’s) is helpful.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Kronos or competitive products is a plus.
- PSC’s must be able to travel, sometimes extensively, by plane and/or by car within the US.
- Ideally, the candidate would be based and reside in the Greater Chicago area or in the central Midwest region.
- BS/BA degree in Business, IT or related discipline or comparable work experience.
- Must be self-motivated and dedicated to on-going internal and external educational re-tooling.
- Previous presentation skills and/or sales methodology training is desired.
Kronos Incorporated - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Kronos knows time is money for its customers. The company makes and implements workforce management software particularly for organizations...