Systems/Network Administrator (Job Number: 319189)
SAIC's Autonomy and Analytics division currently has an opening for a Systems/Network Administrator at Bolling AFB or Quantico MCB.
Individual will be responsible for performing system administration activities in support of a complex classified network environment. This individual will be part of team that is responsible for all aspects of the environment, server/storage/network/backup configuration, account creation, security management, and application implementation and performance optimization functions. Environment includes a mix of Microsoft/Linux servers and workstations. Individual will design, configure, set-up, test, enhance, and troubleshoot issues for various off-site customer networks. This position requires an active Top Secret SCI level clearance, as the employee is working with sensitive customer data and works on base with the customer.
This person will provide technical support to a classified network environment and be evolved in the development of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software. Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades. Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Working as a member of a team this position will provide administrative support development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation support of the enterprise server environment.
- Working as a member of a team this position will provide planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work.
- With minimal supervision this position will provide some classified desktop support.
- Will respond to network administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis
- This position will report to an onsite senior engineering lead.
The individual must be familiar with and capable of documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
Individual must be able to work within a team environment as well as independently.
Some local travel will be required.
-**An active TS/SCI DOD security clearance is required**
- Must have very good working knowledge of Redhat Enterprise Linux and Windows operating systems (MS Windows 2008, MS Server, MS Exchange, MS Active Directory, MS Windows XP/7).
- Must have very good working knowledge of NetApp Storage Systems or similar storage.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Must be familiar with VMWare Virtualization, VShpere.
- Excellent Written and Oral communications skills. Meticulous and careful in their work and must be able to document their work.
- Patience to adhere to best practices including maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology area with 8 years of experience or 12 years work experience without a degree and professional certifications.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 18, 2013, 9:55:27 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
Other Locations : United States-VA-QUANTICO
SAIC - 20 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...