Cigna Group Insurance (CGI) helps our customers improve their health, well-being and sense of security with Life, Accident and Disability Group Insurance policies offered to employer groups. CGI Underwriting is focused on attaining profitable growth, persistency and earnings. The CGI Underwriter performs case-specific risk assessments of employer groups to determine rates which will support total case profitability. The CGI Underwriter also builds relationships and negotiates with internal and external business partners to achieve CGI growth, persistency and earnings goals.
Group Underwriting Summer Internship Program:
CGI Underwriting is looking for motivated individuals to join us in the Group Underwriting Summer Internship Program. The internship is designed to further develop analytical skills and business acumen in a dynamic and flexible work environment. A great way to assess whether the underwriting profession in general and Cigna in particular are a good fit for you is to participate in our underwriting summer internship. This 12 week program from late May to early August will expose you to what life as an underwriter will be like and serves as a “two way interview”; we view the internship program as a source to identify full time talent.
So, what’s it to you?
- "Real” work: you will be assigned underwriting responsibilities and make a contribution to CGI goal
- Intern Project: you will be assigned a project that challenges your problem-solving and innovation skills
- Community: you will have the opportunity for visibility with senior management as well as one-on-one learning with underwriting professionals, who will share their knowledge, experience and assume roles as individual coaches and mentors
- Speaker series: you and your fellow interns will be exposed to a variety of lectures and presentations given by members of the Cigna community so you can get a feel for the wide array of roles that exist in the organization and how they fit together
- Compensation: earn a highly competitive hourly rate in addition to gaining valuable work experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Risk Management or related field (3.0 minimum GPA)
Location: Overland Park, KS.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- High comfort level with math/numbers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- An interest in pursuing a career in underwriting
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....