Our Client, a large enterprise sized financial institution, is looking for a Linux Engineer to join their Data Center in Reston, VA or Urbana, MD.
The Ideal Candidate will have several years of Enterprise SUSE (SLES) experience, knowledge of Solaris, and VMware Experience. Experience with Logical Volume Manager (LVM) is a nice to have skill set.
- Great Compensation Plans
- Work in an Enterprise Size Environment
- Long Term Stable Contract
- Great Location Near the Reston Town Center
Additional Job Info:
- UNIX SUPPORT: Provide UNIX system and servers support to business users. Includes trouble-shooting problems or projects related activities. Handle escalated issues, and provide technical resolutions to on-site staff members.
- ADMIN will provide onsite UNIX support for Fannie Mae Data Centers in DC Metropolitan area during nights.
- PROJECTS: Work with guidance on several concurrent projects in a highly dynamic environment. Assume the technical responsibility on multiple projects simultaneously; interface with customers in order to resolve technical system, application, and end user issues.
- INTEGRATION: Support the integration and implementation of UNIX systems and applications, and provide operational support for same.
- INSTALLATION: Install and configure Sun Solaris Servers and related systems; assist business users and Unix Engineers with the setup and installation of their applications and tests within the UNIX environment.
- ENGINEERING: Work with other technical teams, gather requirements; determine, document, and propose viable solutions against these requirements. With guidance from Senior System Administrators, plan and implement these solutions in cooperation other system administrators and technical teams.
- PROBLEM RESOLUTION: Perform root cause analysis and determine cause of problems in order to develop specific solution to an issue
- Resource to assist in hardware evaluation, infrastructure builds, integration and deployment of new software and databases. Cross work stream resource.
Top 3 Skills (stack ranked) : Top 3 Skills: 1) SuSe / SLES administration experience in an enterprise environment -- OR Redhat / RHEL experience with some Solaris 2) Veritas Volume Manager and LVM experience 3) VMware Experience and ESX clusters
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree and/or experience - Minimum of five years of system administration experience in a UNIX production business environment with substantial knowledge of the UNIX operating system, with extensive experience on Solaris 8/10, AIX 5.3, 6.1 and Linux (SLES 9/10/11/Redhat 5.5, 5.6) operating systems. - The system administrator will work on Sun hardware (e.g, V490, V4800, V4900, V6800 and V6900 models), IBM hardware (IBM System P - p 750, p770, p550, p570, p520 , IBM System X ----x346, x366, x3650, x3850, HS20, HS40, HS21, HS22 ) and Netezza systems. Hardware knowledge on the different types of components of servers is required, including assembly, defining configurations for upgrades. Will configure and support multiple domains on SunFire midrange and IBM P series servers and must be familiar dynamically reconfiguring boards and components on these servers. - Will perform tasks related to managing Disk Storage. This includes using Veritas Volume Manager and LVM command line commands to create, grow, and/or mirror new volumes and file systems. Must be able to perform this work in accordance with our standards and demonstrate the knowledge and experience with Veritas and RAID devices to apply these standards. - Will build , maintain and troubleshoot high availability clusters using Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) - Run UNIX commands from UNIX shells, be able to operate in csh or ksh environment, review or write shell scripts and understand general shell scripting practices. Must have knowledge of programming or writing shell scripts in languages such as Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, and Perl preferred. - Set up network interfaces on servers, trouble shoot, and resolve network issues related to the servers. Must understand basic networking items such as Ethernet, ARP, and TCP/IP.Working Knowledge of LDAP , DNS. - Experience with Remedy or other ticketing systems preferred - In the
TEKSystems - 17 months ago
TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America and Europe....