This is a non-exempt, full-time, twelve-month position which is responsible to the director, accounting services/controller for the following:
1. Coding, recording and processing for the College.
2. Handling the payments of accounts in a timely manner, including liaison with vendors and College faculty/staff.
3. Developing proficiency in the use of accounts payable systems in use by the College.
4. Training appropriate personnel in the use of accounts payable systems in use by the College.
5. Issuing of refunds as specified by administrative policies.
6. Preparing records required to support the accounts payable function.
7. Coordinating, preparing and report 1099's annually including maintenance of vendor records, collection of 1099 forms and corresponding with vendors.
8. Researching questions, issues and problems identified by vendors, college employees or others regarding payments, 1099 statements or other accounts payable related items.
9. Participating in the cross training of other accounts payable functions including purchasing procedures and cashiering duties.
10. Acting as relief for cashiers as necessary.
11. Assisting with late registration and payment due date as necessary.
12. Performing other duties as assigned by director, accounting services/controller.
Associate degree or equivalent preferred.
2. One to three years experience in a comparable position preferred.
3. Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively in person-to-person situations in addition to engaging in general telephone assistance.
5. Must be able to be independent, respect confidentiality and maintain courtesy in dealing with students, faculty, and staff and visitors.
6. Must have knowledge and skill to operate a personal computer.
Tyler Junior College - 10 months ago