Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery located at the Medical School Campus.
Position performs advanced secretarial duties such as typing medical dictation requiring substantial use of medical terminology and maintains physician’s schedules.
1. Transcribes medical documents such as physician’s letters, correspondence, medical record notes, nurse’s notes and manuscripts.
2. Maintains physician’s daily appointment schedule and calendar, schedules meetings, arranges conference calls, reserves catering services, makes travel arrangements and completes travel expense reports.
3. Schedules appointments and procedures for patients.
4. Prepares patient charts including delivering work-ups.
5. Greets visitors, answers phones, takes messages and screens patient inquiries providing routine information to patient inquiries.
6. Acts as liaison between patients, physicians and staff providing routine information to patient inquiries.
7. Assists administrative/clinical staff during peak times/vacations, and illnesses.
8. Assists with retrieval and delivery of reports, films, etc.
High School diploma or equivalent with 3 years related experience in a medical office setting.
2 years college or business school preferred. Ability to type and use various software packages, and working knowledge of medical terminology.
The starting salary range is $28,829 - $36,026 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Washington University offers a variety of benefits:
Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Other Benefits
Washington University in St. Louis - 4 years ago
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...