THIS POSITION SUPPORTS THE FLORIDA MARKET - TALLAHASSEE TERRITORY
Manheim’s Field Sales Manager is responsible for leading a Field Sales team focused on producing revenue growth through an end-to-end sales strategy, selling all Manheim services to new and existing customers.
This person will provide leadership for a field sales team composed of Field Sales Representatives who are charged with managing and growing existing accounts and identifying and developing new accounts.
He/she implements sales-based strategies for business development, closely monitors results. Works effectively and partners with sales effectiveness team, trade desk as well as operating location leaders, directed by their General Sales Manager, to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
The ultimate goal for these sales teams is to become a World-Class Sales Organization that enables Manheim to be THE used market place.
- Partners with General Sales Manager to develop and implement a plan to grow revenue
- Executes upon sales growth plan for assigned team/accounts
- Leads sales team through communication of performance expectations. Provides direct support as needed to sales staff through participation in sales calls or other related activities. Coaches sales staff to enhance their effectiveness, holds them accountable for results.
- Partners with General Sales Managers to obtain market intelligence and tools needed to support development of business of our clients and Manheim
- Manages and leads new and experienced outside sales team
- Recruits, hires, and develops sales team
- Works closely with multiple levels within automotive (franchise and independent) dealerships, automobile associations, automotive dealer groups
- Works directly with management team, product, IT, sales effectiveness, trade desk and customer care professionals
- Sells through all Cox Automotive channels
- Utilizes CRM tool on a daily basis to monitor sales results and ensures Field Sales Representatives are 100% compliant in its usage and using the tool effectively
- Implements promotions and/or special incentives as needed to drive desired business results
- Implements rate negotiation and volume plans as authorized
- Builds strong lasting relationships with customers and leadership at operating locations
- Manages day to day service issues through appropriate Manheim product channels
- Trains and encourages utilization of all Manheim products and services
- Embraces World-Class Sales Organization and strategy to continue growth and maximize efficiencies
Education : Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- Previous experience in a sales leadership role with a proven track record of success;
- Minimum of 3 years proven success in outside sales and service; automotive, auction, wholesale internet sales a plus;
- Experience in developing new business from prospects as well as existing customer base.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required;
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment; easily able to grasp in-lane and online products and services and how to leverage in a competitive marketplace;
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position the Manheim Value Proposition;
- Ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment;
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a matrixed organization.
Work Environment : Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Travel required.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP : Solid line to General Sales Manager
About Manheim ( www.manheim.com ) Manheim is the world's leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Through its 113 worldwide wholesale operating locations and digital services, Manheim influences every stage of a used vehicle's life cycle, helping commercial sellers and automobile dealers maximize the full value of their vehicles.
Drawing from its auction transaction volume, Manheim Consulting publishes the annual Used Car Market Report, the definitive source of data for the used car industry. Manheim Consulting offers a wide range of services including custom analytics, business optimization and macro economic analysis.
Manheim is the online vehicle remarketing leader, connecting buyers and sellers to the world's largest, most comprehensive wholesale marketplace through its extensive in-lane and digital offerings. Manheim.com receives nearly 900,000 visits each week.
Additionally, Manheim offers services including reconditioning, certification, inspections, dealer financing, title management and marshaling, among others. Through its wide array of services and technologies, industry publications, customer support and educational offerings, Manheim gives its customers maximum control over how they buy and sell vehicles, helping them to conduct business in the most efficient way possible. In 2011, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions worth more than $50 billion in value.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Manheim is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, a leading communications, media and automotive services company. Cox Enterprises and its affiliated companies participate in the E-Verify program of the United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information on the E-Verify program, please see the posters accessible through the links at: www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries do not contact candidates for employment by text message.
We do not conduct online interviews via chat sessions and/or instant messenger applications. Cox utilizes a formal application process through the HR department and company websites. Communications are made through official company channels including email, letterhead, phone, and fax. The company does not require employees to purchase equipment or software as terms of employment.
Please submit resume before:
Cox Enterprises is one of the nation's leading media companies and providers of automotive services, with 2005 revenues of $12 billion and...