Here at Kool Smiles, our teams don’t just shape smiles – they shape the lives of families every single day. Working at Kool Smiles means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with child. We are the nation’s leader in general dental care to underserved kids, teens, and adults. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently, Kool Smiles is operating in over 125 locations, with more opening every year. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Kool Smiles is looking for a Clinical Team Leader ready to make a difference in the lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we want to emphasize that working at Kool Smiles is more than just a job. Kool Smiles is not your typical dentist office and working here is not your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Clinical Team Leader is the clinical leader at the office level responsible for providing support to the office manager for the day-to-day functions of the dental office and to the doctors for clinical treatment.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the office delivers quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Assist the Office Manager in optimizing the efficiently of the office to better serve our patients through building teamwork and scheduling patients and staffing dental assistants effectively
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring Patient Flow is running efficiently and ensure the office is making space to offer Same Day Care
- Assist with the recruiting and hiring, as well as responsible for the training of new dental assistants
- Responsible for upholding the office to the highest integrity by adhering to all government regulations and company standards
- Ensure all parents are guided through Kool Smiles process before treatment, are educated in oral hygiene instruction, and are provided postoperative instructions.
- Responsible for the operational readiness of the clinical section of the office
- Responsible for ensuring dental equipment is working properly and be point of contact with supply representatives and service technicians.
- Responsible for ordering dental supplies and managing inventory
- Responsible for training and developing dental assistants
- Assist professional dental staff with treatment regularly
- Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Kool Smiles
- Assist with other office duties and projects to support the Office Manager as needed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience as a dental assistant
- At least 6 months’ experience in a clinical environment with similar functions
- Demonstrated supervisory ability
- Certification in all available dental assistant certifications (available in the state in which candidate will be working) within 6 months of starting CTL role
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- High degree of initiative, accountability and independent judgment
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office programs.
Certification in all available dental assistant certifications (available in the state in which candidate will be working) within 6 months of starting CTL role
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
- Experience with children’s dentistry
- Experience supervising dental assistants
- Expanded knowledge of OSHA regulations
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth opportunities to our full –time employees. Kool Smiles benefits include: medical, dental , vision and optional life insurance. We also offer short and long term disability, 401K, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much much more!
Kool Smiles team members find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at their job. Do you?
At Kool Smiles, our goal is to provide access to quality dental health services to children throughout our communities. By providing this...