The purpose of this job is to provide specialized advice in the assigned area and to assist the manager in over-seeing on-going projects.
- Installation, testing, and implementation of new operating systems and other system software
- Maintenance and debugging of systems software
- Research and evaluation of new software and hardware products
- Assisting team members and other areas with technical questions and problem resolution.
- Monitoring and tuning of systems software
- Assist team leader with project management
- Design and develop complex systems/programs such as SSTR, SSAC, Pinnacle, etc.
- Function and use of z/OS components
- General knowledge of support products such as tape management, scheduling, security, monitoring systems, etc.
- General knowledge of mainframe on-line and database systems
- General knowledge of hardware components
- In depth knowledge of one or more areas of system support such as z/OS, database systems, online systems, support products, etc.
- In depth knowledge of DB2 in a z/OS environment.
- Proficient use of ISPF
- Detailed understanding of job control language
- Use of IBM’s SMP/E product for installation and maintenance of software
- Use of PC’s and PC software for connection to mainframe, email, word processing, etc
- Ability to document procedures, changes, etc.
- Ability to manage a large DB2 environment such as PeopleSoft.
- Proficient in tuning queries, reorg of databases, monitoring of the DB2 environment, backup/recovery of databases, use of DB2 tools, cloning DB2 environments and general DB2 related task.
- Technical or vocational school education.
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft DB2 environment is desirable, but not required.
Trustmark National Bank - 2 years ago
Trustmark’s history of meeting its customers’ financial needs extends back to 1889. Through the years, Trustmark has broadened...