Open the doors of opportunity with your computer programming expertise! TASC is seeking a College Intern to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA. The qualified applicant will become a member of TASC's Systems Engineering team supporting network systems & software support to include work in mobile applications. Expand your knowledge in computer programming, mobile applications and tools development. In this paid internship you will work on a practical technical project under the leadership of an experienced TASC engineer or computer programmer in the defense and intelligence industries.
Upon successful completion of the internship program you will have the opportunity to acquire the security clearances required for full-time employment with TASC upon graduation.
Open to individuals who have completed at least two years of education (as of June 2013) towards a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field with extensive knowledge and experience in the fundamentals of computer usage and operations. Computer skills are an essential part of working at TASC either as a systems engineer, computer programmer, or other technical position related to information technology. Students with a GPA of 3.5 or above are preferred. US citizenship is required. Internship location is in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (files systems, operating systems)
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in computer programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of application areas such as iPhone or Android applications
- Knowledge of internet protocols
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems, network design, and similar specialized domains
- Programming experience in Java, Objective C, C++, C#, Python or Perl
- Knowledge of hardware (A+ certification from Comp TIA would be great)
- Experience with Encase, FTK (important for obtaining certifications)
- Experience with tool development
- Good writing skills
- Certification as an ethical hacker
Founded in 1966, TASC, Inc., helps solve complex national security and public safety challenges by providing advanced systems engineering,...