We are looking for candidates with the ability to develop and manage a team of up to 10 associates (exempt and non-exempt). The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in communicating with a large employee population (min. 500 employees), motivating a staff of HR professionals, and building effective business partnerships with Operations Management. Prior experience working within a union environment is required. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and is part of the Senior Management Team in the Distribution Center.
How do we define high potential? Individuals that fit the following profile:
Some things to be noted:
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with a large employee population, motivating a staff of HR professionals, and building effective business partnerships with the General Manager and the Operations staff.
- Strong communication, organizational, motivational, and delegation skills
- Has 7 years experience in HR field
- Has 5+ years managerial experience
- Has managed employee population of at least 500+ associates
- Heavy union experience (i.e. arbitration and grievance experience)
- Has held any of the following titles: Human Resources Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Associate Relations Manager, a Director level role
- BS degree with HR emphasis preferred
- We are asking candidates to possible step down one or two levels
- We expect candidates to be developmentally ready in @18-24 months to become a Director of HR
- We expect candidates to candidates must commit to a possible relocation within the continental United States to assume a role of Manager of Human Resources (Director).
Our recruitment strategy is to pursue and hire talented, high potential leaders into the Associate Relations Manager role. By affording them the opportunity to learn our culture and philosophy, we can then promote internally to the Director of Human Resources role. Candidates must commit to a possible relocation within the continental United States to assume a role of Manager of Human Resources (Director).
FPC of Hampton Roads - 13 months ago