CGGVeritas is the world's leading international pure-play geophysical company delivering a wide range of technologies, services and equipment to its broad base of customers throughout the global oil and gas industry. With increasing operational capabilities as a result of its new technology and innovative methods, CGGVeritas is now recruiting a :
You will have the opportunity to work with world-class geophysicists and computer scientists on innovative software solutions for geophysical data processing. Processing of seismic data requires sophisticated systems for managing high-performance computing resources and large volumes of data. Existing and next generation systems make heavy use of ORACLE object-relational database technology to support large distributed databases that are optimized for fast and reliable transaction handling. As a software developer, your primary role is to develop and support these key systems.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires that you work as part of a geographically dispersed team to maintain and support existing ORACLE-based systems and to evolve or replace those systems to meet future needs. Particular emphasis will be put on the scalability of the systems in light of anticipated step changes in the volumes of seismic data processed and the demands of the geophysicists. System reliability and performance will also be of prime importance. You will be expected to engage actively in the design, implementation and testing of new functionality.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, geophysics, mathematics, physics or a related field with an emphasis on programming
- Knowledge of relational database systems, data modeling and schema normalization technigques
- Strong core ORACLE SQL and PL/SQL programming skills (ORACLE 10g R2 or later)
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Must have the legal right to live and work in the United States
- Knowledge and experience with UNIX (Linux), C++ programming, Java programming, XML
- ORACLE database administration experience (especially RAC)
- Knowledge of software development “best practices” and the software development lifecycle
- Experience with source-code control systems (especially Perforce)
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE
Our focus on performance and passion for innovation are powered by people and delivered with integrity
CGGVeritas - 2 years ago
It's the veritable truth, CGGVeritas works by land and by sea to provide seismographic services and equipment for oil companies...