Senior Systems Engineer to maintain and further expand centralized storage platforms.
Assist with capacity planning and reporting to accommodate company's rapid storage needs.
• Responsible for daily SAN/NAS/ESXi operation and for ongoing upgrade/growth/scale SAN/NAS/ESXi farm projects
• Lead installation of new storage, allocate storage, monitor and manage performance of storage resources.
• Provide storage reporting to include allocation, utilization, performance, problem/incident, and root cause analysis.
• Responsible for ESXi host build-outs, upgrades, and patching. New ESXi host monitoring agent deployments.
• Help to develop new monitoring checks and plugins for storage and ESXi monitoring. Fine tune existing checks.
• Create and schedule daily, weekly, and monthly reports based on the collected monitoring and performance data.
• Assist with infrastructure capacity planning by gathering necessary statistics data.
• Storage integration with the both server and VDI farms.
• Work with NOC to develop issue escalation techniques and methods.
• Extensive Linux system administration experience (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
• Fluent in BASH and Perl scripting.
• Able to communicate in a team environment effectively.
• ESXi 4/5, Dell EqualLogic, Violin Memory, vCenter, DRS.
• Nagios and similar enterprise monitoring solution knowledge and SNMP.
• iSCSI, TCP/IP, L2/L3, vSwitch, VLAN, QoS, DCB.
Randstad Technologies - 19 months ago
Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest...