Fabricates and assembles structural metal products, such as metal parts for buildings according to job order, verbal instructions, and blueprints. Prior curtain walling experience a plus! Flexibility is key.
properties of metal.
• Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto work piece.
• Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
• Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
• Positions, aligns, fits, and welds together parts. Designs and constructs templates and fixtures.
• Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
• Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
• Sets up and operates machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Follows policies consistently
• Participates in safety meetings and advice supervisor of any safety concerns
• Participates in work-related meetings
• Cross-trains in other areas of the business, as needed
• Produces clean and neat finishes
• Mechanically oriented and capable to interact with production floor personnel.
• Willing to be trained in new skills.
• Must be able to read, write, and understand English proficiently
Hours: 7am-3:30pm M-F
15 minute breaks at 9am/12pm
GSS - 24 months ago