Accounting Assistant - 08447 |
Risk Placement Services (RPS) , founded in 1997, is the largest Managing General Agent/Underwriting Manager* in the US and a leading Specialty Insurance Wholesaler and Standard Lines Aggregator. We partner with the highest quality providers in the industry to offer customized solutions that meet our clients' business needs. Our coast-to-coast network of offices utilizes its local awareness, regional expertise and national strength to deliver winning proposals time and again to each of the 12,000+ agents and brokers we serve.
RPS excels at developing strong carrier and client relationships, the cornerstone of our industry. We respond quickly, courteously and professionally to all our customers. We encourage continuing education and provide numerous opportunities for our people to network and develop business relationships. W e offer a challenging but fulfilling work environment for our 900+ colleagues. We reward strong financial performance and seek hard-working, dedicated individuals who want to be part of our winning team.
*Business Insurance Ranking 2008-2010
Position Summary :
The Senior Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist m aintains the purchase ledger function and ensures the payment of all invoices, receivables, and expense claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles ledger and deals with all invoice and expense claim queries
- Processes Accounts Receivable
- Requests payments, assigns to appropriate account, and obtains all necessary documentation for processing
- Receives payments, credits appropriate account and prepares all necessary documentation for processing
- Researches and resolves invoicing problems with suppliers and vendors
- Researches and resolves invoicing issues with clients
- Works with regional and corporate accounting to reconcile inter-branch transfers and general ledger issues
- May perform collections tasks as assigned such as contact customers and pursue outstanding balances, conduct detailed research, reconciliation and analysis required to resolve all nonpayment or account disputes
- Adheres to compliance and operational risk controls with Company and regulatory standards and polices and practices
- May supervise day-to-day work of lower level employees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of related work experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel application and functions
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on timely and accurately
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co - 16 months ago