tw telecom is searching for our next Channel Sales Engineer! The position is posted for Orlando, FL, but it can be filled in any of the following cities: Jacksonville, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or Atlanta.
Come join our team!
To be a Sales Engineer at tw telecom means that you’re part of a company who is focused on improving the predictability of the customer’s network - Networks that are constantly changing and must connect "people" to the "content and infrastructure" they need to be competitive.
As a Sales Engineer at tw telecom, you will a part of a leading organization in the telecom industry - one that will continue to be the first to market with new concepts and designs in this area. You will also have the great opportunity to become entrenched in a positive culture where priorities are balanced between work and family, and strengths are recognized, shared, and appreciated.
Tw telecom employees enjoy many rewards for working for a company that offers such things as: excellent competitive benefits, a 401k match of 5% with no vesting period, an employee recognition program, internal training, endless career advancement opportunities, leadership training, cutting edge technology – and many, many more.
Why this Job?
This is an opportunity to join the fastest growing and most successful segment of sales engineering at tw telecom. The Indirect Channel Sales Engineering team combines technical design of communication network solutions for customers with business development and relationship building for Partners. This is a national-level position with exposure to a vast array of channel partners and agencies, application service providers, and system integrators. The Indirect Channel sales organization at tw telecom is fast-moving, highly supportive, and entrepreneurial, and the successful Sales Engineer will become a true business partner in developing and delivering on our sales goals.
In this role you will support 4 – 5 Channel Sales Managers covering the Southeast territory – traveling about 30% of the time, mostly within the Southeast and occasionally nationwide.
Being a sales engineer at tw telecom makes you a member of one of the best and most respected groups at tw telecom. Every day brings interactions with a large and varied group of customers facing network challenges who are looking for first class help to solve those challenges
How to Achieve Outstanding Performance…
- Excel at pre-sales technical development and qualification of communication solutions, pre-order technical assurance and order preparation, deliver trainings, and promote Channel Partner relationships.
- Participate in closing large and/or complex sales opportunities in assigned territory.
- Perform new Partner assessments, onboarding training, and top Partner stewardship.
- Train internal channel sales on technology and product.
- Participate in partner events, activities, presentations, webinars, conferences, etc.
- Be comfortable in remotely presenting to and interacting with groups of differing technical abilities.
- Design innovative networks and prepare drawings which illustrate the design
- Create conceptual and technical Visio diagrams outlining the customer’s network and its benefit to them.
- Be a strong communicator through verbal and written expression, and typically through Visio, PowerPoint, and text.
Technology Knowledge Requirements:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Experience in at least 2 of the following Data and Voice networking equipment is required:
- IP PBX's
- LAN/WAN routing and switching required
- Ethernet Solutions preferred
- Enterprise LAN/WAN design preferred
- Converged services preferred
- Metro Ethernet preferred
- Microsoft office programs including Visio
- Remote presentation and collaboration tools
Every decision made at tw telecom concerning hiring, promotion, compensation, training, assignment of job responsibilities, termination, or any other aspect of the employment relationship is to be made without regard to any legally protected characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. tw telecom strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to racial, sexual, ethnic or religious.
Thank you for applying with tw telecom.
TW Telecom - 19 months ago
tw telecom inc., formerly Time Warner Telecom Inc., is a provider of managed network services, specializing in ethernet and data networking,...