Duties & Responsibilities: Under general supervision, serves as the project coordinator for the Department's fleet management program. Assists in planning, directing and managing activities for the unit responsible for performing daily system administration duties in support of the Department's fleet management/cost accounting software application. Assists and prepares business practice changes. Researches and analyzes system/user problems by applying a variety of analytical and research techniques. Develop and evaluate solutions to improve service and efficiency of the software application. Assists with developing, conveying and implementing standards, policies, and procedures to be used in the development of new and/or enhancements to existing software applications.
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor's degree in business administration and related area AND One year of experience in the management of the administrative support activities of a business or government activity Note: Related experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies and procedures governing fleet management and inventory control.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of fleet management/cost accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Possesses strong oral communication skills; able to express ideas and facts to individuals or groups effectively.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems using sound judgment to develop effective solutions.
- Displays a high level of commitment toward work and a high standard of ethical conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and explain manuals and program documentation; write and prepare reports, presentations, and correspondence.
- Must be able to travel on a limited basis.
Additional Information: THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION
- Demonstrated knowledge of PeopleSoft FN.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and using SQL scripts and/or programming of VBA macros.
- Ability to effectively communicate with end users in the business unit.
- Demonstated knowledge of equipment management processes.
- Demonstrated knowledgeable in Procurement policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of new software applications.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...