Bedford/St. Martin's is a leading publisher of college textbooks in the disciplines of English, History, Communication, Business and Technical Writing, Philosophy, Religion, and Music. Please visit us on the web at www.bedfordstmartins.com for additional information. Bedford/St. Martin's was originally two separate divisions of St. Martin's Press, Inc. consisting of the St. Martin’s Press College Division and Bedford Books of St. Martin's Press. The two companies merged and became Bedford/St. Martin's in 1998. Bedford Books was founded in 1981 by Charles Christensen. The St. Martin’s Press College Division was founded much earlier. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: This is a temporary assignment for Bedford/ St. Martin's, however, the individual selected to perform it will be employed by Headway Corporate Resources.
Working in Bedford/St. Martin’s Custom Publishing Group, this individual will assist with editorial, production, administrative, and marketing assignments, as needed.
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of Bedford/Select, a database of readings and instructional materials from which teachers create custom books.
• Assist in the production of all types of custom projects, including but not limited to preparing manuscripts and clearing permissions.
• Do follow-up work with bookstores regarding our current accounts.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Experience at multitasking while working in a fast-paced, energetic environment
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills
• Excellent and demonstrated proofreading skills and attentiveness to detail
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and WebEx
• One year of relevant work experience, including student internships
• Previous book publishing experience a plus
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelors degree required; English major preferred
Only applicants with cover letters will be considered for this role.
Macmillan - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard