QinetiQ North America delivers aerospace operations and systems, engineering and life-cycle management, IT solutions and services, software, systems & network engineering, and missions solutions. Our core offerings include: space engineering, software solutions and enterprise IT, cyber intelligence, systems integration and engineering, training, modeling and simulation, logistics and life-cycle management.
The project is focused on providing operations and maintenance support for a federal government agency. The project supports multiple mission-critical application systems and their associated IT infrastructure. The scope of work includes systems and database administration, 24/7/365 operational monitoring & support, and information security support. Detailed documentation is provided in support of all engineering efforts. Documentation is of a professional caliber including executive summary information and associated diagrams, checklists, procedures and configurations.
QinetiQ North America is an AA/EEO Employer.
- Provide AIX, RedHat, Websphere MQ production operational support.
- Document system configuration, (startup, shutdown, and load migration) processes & procedures.
- Design, implement, and operate AIX and sub components of the IBM P Series, RHEL Server and sub components of the X86/X64 servers and MQ Websphere systems including memory, storage, backups, and networking.
- Submit, present, and implement change requests.
- Enhance operation efforts via script and messaging efficiencies.
- Provide operational support and procedure documentation for service desk personnel.
- Identify and resolve security and procedure vulnerabilities.
- Resolve incidents and tasks regarding AIX, RedHat, and Websphere MQ environments.
- Work with the applications, servers and network teams to provide robust interconnections in a complex Middleware environment connected to internal and external customers.
- Assists in optimizing system operation and resource utilization, and performing system capacity analysis and planning.
AIX: Must be proficient with AIX LVM, OS, Software, & Patch Management. Must understand and have experience in designing, implementing and operating workloads in a HACMP Environment. Must have experience with AIX Virtualization (LPAR, PowerVM, WPAR). Must have experience in designing, implementing and operating MKSYSB, NIM, NMON, AIX Diag Operation, Firmware Updates. Must be proficient with P6 Partition Mobility & Active Memory Sharing. Must be able to automate AIX for the reduction of manual efforts through scripting. Experience with Capacity Planning and working with Change Management/Control.
IBM certified system administrator - AIX 7
RedHat: Must be proficient with RHEL 6, RH Network, McAfee Endpoint Security, DNS, BASH, C Scripting, and Tomcat & Apache. Must understand and have experience in designing, implementing and operating workloads in a high availability environment. Must have experience with RH Virtualization (Xen, VMware, Clustering, NLB). Must have experience in designing, implementing and operating USGCB (FDCC) Security Restrictions, Syslog parsing, Hardware BIOS/Firmware Updates. Must be able to automate RHEL servers using Bash or csh/tcsh for the reduction of manual efforts. Experience with Capacity Planning and working with Change Management/Control.
Websphere MQ: Must be proficient with IBM WebSphere. Must understand and have experience in designing, implementing and operating Middleware solutions (including DataPower) in a complex multi-organizational interconnection environment. Must have experience with Software & Firmware Updates. Experience with Capacity Planning and working with Change Management/Control.
Must have one or more of the following - IBM Certified System Administrator - Websphere MQ, Message Broker, DataPower, Business Process Manager
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Clearance required. Must be a US citizen with clean criminal and financial record in order to obtain/maintain.
QinetiQ North America - 21 months ago