Booking.com is looking a MySQL Database Administrator for our office in Seattle, Washington.
In this position you will be responsible for managing and providing support for all aspects of the Booking.com database infrastructure. You will ensure continual database operations and support the continuous business growth of Booking.com. You will work in the Production team to design, install, update, troubleshoot and repair new and existing systems and software. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. At this point there is no H1-B Visa Sponsorship available for this position.
Main responsibilities include:
Required skills and experience:
- Automating systems management of new and existing database. An intensive automation and scripting mindset is essential;
- Actively monitoring the performance and stability of all the production and internal database infrastructure at Booking.com, using your analytical skills to anticipate future problems and resolve them effectively;
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with other database administrators, systems administrators, software developers, and commercial business colleagues. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are essential, including with little initial knowledge of a problem;
- Supporting the rapid development and deployment of internal software and systems. This will include query optimization, overall performance tuning, coaching colleagues on database skills, and co-operating in new software design. You will need to think on your feet;
- Provide excellent service in response to commercial business requirements. You will have to provide knowledge and support to technical software developers and non-technical commercial business colleagues;
- Documenting systems and communicate technical knowledge to Colleagues. Ability to learn new things quickly is essential;
- You will have the ability to make a big impact and the responsibility to do the right thing.
- Experience and interest in systems automation and systems programming;
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, under pressure;
- At least two years experience of administering large-scale MySQL and InnoDB deployments with intensive use of MySQL replication;
- High proficiency in Bourne shell/Bash scripting;
- Good proficiency in Linux systems administration;
- Good team communication skills, with technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Curiosity and dedication;
- Able to work from remote location;
- Able to work independently;
- Precise and efficient communication skills;
- Willingness and able to travel freely and internationally without any restrictions and by air plane;
- Willingness and able to attend training in Amsterdam.
- All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. At this point there is no H1-B Visa Sponsorship available for this position. Note: Ability to verify your identity and establish your right to work in the United States, as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 will be required at the time of pre-offer. Employment with Booking.com is additionally contingent upon the results of a successful background check.
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company.
How to apply
Booking.com (USA), Inc., a part of the Priceline Group, is planet earth’s #1 accommodation site, is painting the world blue -- looking...