Under the general direction of the Director of the Collaborative Center for Statistics in Science, responsible for management of a large database of multiple multi-center clinical studies. Develop SAS programs for data quality monitoring, report generation and data analysis. Collaborate with protocol principal investigators and coordinators to ensure successful implementation of study protocols and dissemination of study findings. Develop SAS programs for data quality monitoring and report generation. |
1. Performs a variety of duties involving the application of statistical skills to the design of research studies. Works as a member of a research team/study team to provide appropriate statistical input in the design, execution and analysis of studies.
2. Participates in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of statistical data.
3. Operates one or more systems of computer hardware and statistical analysis software for the management and analysis of data. Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
4. Analyzes and interprets statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
5. Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
6. Investigates, evaluates and prepares reports on applicability, efficiency, and accuracy of statistical methods used in obtaining and evaluation data.
7. Participates in the preparation of written and oral presentations that summarize the analysis of data, interprets the finding and provides conclusions and recommendations.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master's degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability to work independently under pressure with advanced knowledge of statistical methods; highly experienced in SAS programming and data management.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated organizational skills and detail oriented.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...