The Banquet Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the banquet, catering, and dining/restaurant functions are successful for the guests as well as the establishment. The client and their guests should leave eager to return and recommend Biltmore to others. The incumbent will act as the primary liaison between sales staff, kitchen, and all support departments that are needed on any given event, and is expected to be a “team leader” and anticipate guest and department needs. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to: working directly with the banquet captain, servers, houseman, banquet chef, and sales person; establishing positive, professional working relationships with within the department; liaising with other areas of estate on function/event logistics, etc.; and serving as an “ambassador” for Biltmore’s catering and event functions with external vendors, guests, and staff.
- High school diploma (or GED); a two or four year degree in a related hospitality field preferred.
- A minimum of four years (4) related food and beverage supervisory/management experience with prior experience in banquets, events, and/or catering. The ideal candidate will have at least five (5) years of related experience in an upscale event/banquet environment and/or luxury hotel/resort.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and/or previous supervisory/management experience required.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills with superior attention to details.
- Proven commitment to providing world class (internal and external) guest service and the ability to motivate staff to deliver the same.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituencies.
- Must be proactive and take initiative where appropriate; ability to creatively problem solve and exercise good judgment is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to learn Biltmore’s events systems quickly. Previous experience with Delphi and/or Micros helpful.
- Ability to handle a variety of guest service situations in professional manner consistent with Biltmore standards.
- Ability to be professional in both appearance and demeanor at all times in accordance with Biltmore standards.
- Valid driver’s license.
· The incumbent will need to be able to switch back and forth from and office environment to a “hands on” supervisor role with ease.
· The incumbent will be required to lift and carry up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally, and push/pull up to 100 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work both indoors and outside with fluctuations in temperature and weather conditions.
· Ability to operate company vehicles including vans and delivery trucks as needed.
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...