This position is part of a team, which provides Assertive Community Treatment to individuals with severe and persistent behavioral health disorders who have been discharged from multiple or extended stays in public hospitals or who are difficult to engage in treatment. The Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to provide intensive, integrated and rehabilitative crisis, treatment and community support interventions/services that are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Consequently, all team members must be available at any time that assigned clients need assistance.
The Case Manager for the Assertive Community Treatment Team provides intensive services to consumers with severe, acute and persistent mental illnesses or addictive diseases. The intensive treatment and case management services, provided as part of a comprehensive individual service plan, are designed to serve the acutely-distressed client in the community with no delay, preventing hospitalization, incarceration or other placements.
The Case Manager conducts assessments and provides direct clinical treatment, rehabilitation, professional case management and support services as needed. Assumes primary responsibility for developing, writing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and objectives in collaboration with the consumer and ACT team members. Continuously evaluates client care and progress to ensure immediate attention to changing treatment needs and revision of the treatment plan as warranted. Functions as liaison to community agencies and families to maintain coordination of treatment processes.
Maintains medical records and complies with third-party payer requirements for documentation and authorizations. Provides accurate and timely documentation of charts in a computerized record system. Bills for service hours according to agency standards.
We are currently looking to fill Case Manager positions in these counties. Please specify which county you would be interested in being considered for.
- The ACT team will serve the counties of DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Rockdale and Newton.
Minimum Training & Experience: Master's degree and eligibility to be licensed OR Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years of experience in social service delivery.
- The entry salary noted above includes a 20% salary supplement as a result of the requirement for immediate response to acute needs of the client regardless of the day or hour.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Must pass criminal record background fingerprint check including an FBI Criminal Records History Check and a pre-employment drug screen. Must have a valid Georgia drivers license and a clean MVR.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A MASTERS DEGREE IS A PREFERRED REQUIREMENT ONLY; NO MASTER'S IS NEEDED TO MEET MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS.
Additional Information: To be considered, you must apply for this position through www.careers.ga.gov below before the announcement closes. Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the Agency Specific Qualifications and any Preferred Qualifications.
- Full or Associate Licensure in the State of Georgia.
- Experience completing behavioral health assessments and development of treatment plans.
- Significant experience in the treatment of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses and/or addictive diseases
- Knowledge or experience in use of the Assertive Community Treatment model.
- Experience working in MS office, Word, Excel, etc.
Previous applicants for requisitions #369-70917ux & 369-70917vb are being re-evaluated based on the revised qualifications and do not need to re-apply for this requisition.
- The ACT team will serve the counties of DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Rockdale and Newton. We are currently looking to fill Case Manager positions in these counties. Please specify which county you would be interested in being considered for.
Candidates for selection must pass a criminal background check (including finger-printing), pass a pre-employment drug screen, have a valid Georgia driver’s license, and a Motor Vehicle Record in accordance with policy.
View Point Health provides health benefits and 401K, in addition to CEU credits to meet licensing requirements.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring agency. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
View Point Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about this job contact: *
- Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.
Georgia Careers - 22 months ago