We are currently looking for a talented Associate Editor to join its PLOS ONE editorial team within our growing San Francisco or Cambridge, UK office.
This postion has been created to manage the rapidly increasing volume of submissions to the journal. As such, the Associate Editor will be responsible for a wide array of editorial matters, from daily submission assessments to developing the overall scope of the journal.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Assessing new submissions and guiding papers through the review process
- Overseeing editorial decisions
- Providing support to Authors, Editors and Publishing Assistants
- Resolving editorial disputes
- Training and monitoring Academic Editors
- Representing PLOS ONE at scientific meetings
Apply now | Return to top
- Proven experience in STM journals publishing
- Experience in a scientific research environment
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- A good understanding of online scientific communication.
- A PhD qualification is desirable but not essential
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 20 months ago