Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
To maintain an industry leading technology position, the Air Products LNG business relies heavily on the LNG Process Technology group to execute client requests quickly and accurately with the most competitive technology available. This requires a high level of process expertise. The successful candidate will report to the LNG Process Manager and play a key role in achieving these objectives by being responsible and accountable for the following:
(1) Utilizing engineering expertise to execute process and equipment designs for world class natural gas liquefaction facilities.
(2) Executing Process cycle simulations for the liquefaction of natural gas.
(3) Simulating Relief and Depressuring scenarios for Air Products designed equipment using existing tools.
(4) Working closely with other functional groups including commercial, project, mechanical, manufacturing, machinery, and start-up.
(5) Participating in start-ups, performance tests, and troubleshooting efforts at plant facilities.
(6) Participating in P&ID reviews and Hazops at contractor offices.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had revenues of $10.1 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 18,900 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- The successful candidate should hold a BS, MS, or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering
- Strong technical skills and experience in thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid flow are necessary to be successful
- Strong process simulation skills are also beneficial
- Domestic and international travel to clients’ offices, contractors, and plant sites expected about 10-15 percent of the time.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #9479BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 21 months ago