Consumer Affairs Bank Examiner
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Full-time / Part-time
Tier II - w/ Credit Check
The Consumer Affairs Unit of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is looking for commissioned examiners to join our team of bank examiners. Candidates without an examiner commission with at least five years related bank compliance experience (CRA, Fair Lending, Truth in Lending, etc.) will be considered at a lower pay schedule. Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification is preferred.
We value clear communications, thorough analysis, sound judgment and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. The St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank is part of the Federal Reserve System and acts as the supervisor and regulator for financial institutions in its district. As a professional bank supervisor, you will be part of the supervisory team that carries out a critical part of the System’s mission. We recognize that your knowledge and skills are your most important assets, and we offer continuing professional development opportunities that will promote professional growth and development at every stage of your career. We invite you to join our growing team of experienced examiners and see all the opportunities that await you!
The successful candidate will work in Little Rock, AR. Percentage of overnight travel for this position is 50%.
- Lead and participate on consumer protection compliance or CRA examinations
- Assess compliance with fair lending laws and regulations
- Examine banks for compliance in deposit or loan operations areas
- Review bank’s performance under Community Reinvestment Act
- Document findings on examination through workpapers and summary memoranda
- Contribute to the creation of report of examination or public evaluation, to be issued to the bank
- Lead or participate on HMDA and CRA data verification examinations
Qualifications & Skills:
A Bank Examiner needs to specifically possess the following basic qualifications and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or business-related field (finance, business administration, etc.)
• An examiner commission from either a Federal or State Banking supervisor; however, candidates with extensive experience will be considered at a lower pay schedule.
• For candidates lacking an examiner commission, at least five years of related bank compliance experience in the areas of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Fair Lending, Truth in Lending, etc.
• Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to focus on details.
• Well-developed critical thinking skills, including sound judgment, conflict resolution and the ability to juggle tasks and priorities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to both act as an enthusiastic team member and to efficiently and effectively lead teams.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Comfortable with use of computer-based tools, including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• The following is required: (1) US citizenship or (2) Permanent resident intending to become a citizen who meets certain other requirements.
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis - 13 months ago
With branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis, the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis serves the Eighth Federal Reserve District,...