The Web Programmer supports and maintains the College’s web site, and other web based tools and resources.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the College’s Web, SQL database, and other web content servers, maintaining strict security protocols, monitoring the logs and usage statistics, adjusting configuration settings as needed, backing up the system, and implementing software and hardware upgrades
- Work collaboratively to enhance the College’s web based technologies by incorporating new technology and developing more useful features
- Work with the College’s Strategic Communications Staff on enhancing the College’s web presence including learning and making changes using the programming of the College’s current Content Management System (CMS), improving site visibility through search engine optimization and working with other College departments to improve usability on specific subpages
- Using responsive web design, initiate ways to increase the functionality and interactivity of the College’s web presence including, but not limited to improving the accessibility of the College’s website on mobile and other platforms
- Promote and facilitate the use of Internet technologies in College operations
- Provide technical support for streaming media and other internet based technologies
- Configure College web sites so that they are ADA compliant and mobile device accessible
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for all hardware and software systems
- Meet with College personnel on a periodic basis to review the effectiveness of web based systems and resources to determine how they can be enhanced
- Employ best practices cyber security techniques in collaboration with other ITS personnel
- Generate monthly reports describing system updates, material in development, systems usage, and inquiries
- Plan, schedule and implement system upgrades with minimal disruptions to end users and to ensure optimal system uptime to mission critical systems
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a technology field
- Minimum 2 years enterprise level system implementation, maintenance and support experience
- Thorough understanding of the World Wide Web including browsers, editors, search engines, web servers, and cyber security
- Strong competencies with MS Windows Server software, SQL databases, server virtualization, Web Server software, Network Security Protocols, HTML5, and image editing software
- Experience with server load balancing, clustering, virtualization and backups
- Experience with Linux and other open source software
- Experience with the Ellucian Banner administrative system preferred
- Familiarity with ADA requirements for web sites
- Ability to interact effectively with College staff, faculty, administrators and students.
Full time, full-year position
Occasional weekend and other off-hours work required.
Compensation includes a competitive salary, as well as comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
The College of Saint Rose is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request, will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or on line at http://www.strose.edu/campus/campussecurity/safetyreportandcleryact
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account ? Login to add documents or update your account.
- Cover letter, required as this is a demonstration of your writing skills.
The College of Saint Rose - 15 months ago