American Greetings is currently recruiting for an Industrial Designer intern to work within the New Product Concepts department. The intern will participate in the innovation and product development of various social expression and packaging concepts, from ideation to prototyping to production. He/she will also assist with the renderings and technical drawings, collaborating with Designers, Project Managers, Engineers and Innovation Technologists. Some flexibility to accommodate class schedules and other commitments is possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the development and implementation of new concepts, focusing on the product form and function
• Develop working prototypes for research, and proactively recommends design changes to enhance product experience
• Projects and tasks may include but are not limited to ideation, sketching, prototyping and research
• Monitor current trends and technology in the printing and packaging industries
• Other responsibilities as project needs necessitate
This is a paid internship with housing provided for non-local participants.
• Creative spirit – able to take current technology and make new applications, advancements, improvements
• Must demonstrate competence in sketching and model making, as well as in 3D production processes such as molding, materials construction, and manufacturing
• Ability to translate raw idea into new product concept
• Ability to multi-task on numerous projects simultaneously
• Proactively investigate and self-educate for solutions to solve for challenging product development issues
• Demonstrates a cooperative team-oriented work ethic, a passion for innovation and continuous improvement
• Ability to complete multiple projects without affecting quality or on time delivery
• Prior coursework in graphic design along with relevant work experience in a related field is preferred
• Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, Modo and/or equivalent 3D rendering programs a must
• Working knowledge of PC and Macintosh platforms
• Education towards a degree in Industrial/Product Design or a related field
American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind Hallmark),...