Amazon seeks a Senior Finance Manager to lead a rapidly growing multi-national team over our Retail Finance Operations focusing on vendor procure to pay solutions. This position will team with our Retail, Retail finance teams and global counterparts to build world class shared services solutions. The successful candidate will manage a team of individuals in North America responsible for the following:
- Lead a team of 3 Finance Managers and 12 staff to optimize global vendor payments solutions for the retail vendors
- Build and monitor performance metrics, with principal focus on cost out initiatives, performance against goals and estimating HC growth by country
- Drive initiatives to improve vendor experience and reduce manual processes
- Guide, develop and mentor staff to ensure consistent and exceptional standards
- Work with the other Shared Services leaders to build best in class processes
- Build relationships with business owners in forecasting capacity and resources for expansion
- Drive development and expansion of off-shore support team with goal of increasing operational efficiency and overall cost effectiveness
- Maintain weekly and monthly communications with Senior Management business partners in Operations Finance and Global Procurement.
- Participate with Senior Leadership with strategic departmental initiatives such as goal setting and staffing decisions.
- Lead country expansion efforts with business, systems and accounting teams
- B.S. or B.A. in Finance / Accounting or related field required, MBA or CPA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant financial and/or operational and managerial experience
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
- Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques desired
- Experience with Oracle Financials, Essbase, and Cognos planning is desired
- Independent and Entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions, and follow through to a successful conclusion
- Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Internal and external customer focus and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...