Why Join Us?
If working on tools that handle billions of transactions with terabytes of data appeals to you, please continue reading. ValueClick’s corporate team manages the systems that connect and enhance all of our products. Our technologies deal with high volume transactions (approximately 6 billion per day!) and the large data sets required to store and report on them. Take this opportunity to work with a talented team as you ensure the continued growth and health of our world-class products. Key to our success is attracting top talent, like you. If you enjoy working with distributed systems, we are interesting in speaking with you.
In this high-visibility role, you’ll be a member of a small team working to ensure Hadoop uptime and reliability across all of ValueClick’s divisions. As a member of the corporate Hadoop team, you will help maintain the existing Apache Hadoop install as well as plan for additional divisions coming online with Apache Hadoop. You will act as the subject matter expert providing configuration and design support. Cluster health will be your goal and helping divisions understand how to effectively utilize their available resources.
Is this you?
- You possess good planning, scheduling, analytical and problem solving skills as you work with various teams across divisions.
- You have prior experience working with extremely large (100+ GB) datasets. This means you know how to configure HDFS for optimal performance and data node configurations for large workloads (8-12K mappers).
- Your experience with Apache Hadoop includes configuring Hadoop clusters while ensuring NameNode metadata safety. You’re also well-versed at job optimization techniques, and know how to look at the jobs running in a cluster and look for inefficiencies. You also come armed with examples of how you ensure HDFS compaction and monitoring.
- You have strong knowledge of networking , specifically network capacity planning. This means that you understand what jobs need to be executed based on the type of data you have, and you know whether the network can support it, considering Hadoop workloads and internode transfers.
- You’re proficient with Java and Shell Scripting. C experience is a plus.
- You have good system-level troubleshooting skills. You have the ability to introspect running processes and spot bottlenecks.
ValueClick, Inc. (Nasdaq: VCLK) is one of the world's largest digital marketing companies. Through a unique combination of data, technology and services, ValueClick increases brand awareness and drives customer acquisition at scale for the world's largest advertisers, and maximizes advertising revenue for tens of thousands of online and mobile publishers. ValueClick's brands include Commission Junction, ValueClick Media, Dotomi, Greystripe, Mediaplex, Smarter.com, CouponMountain.com, Investopedia.com, and PriceRunner. The Company is based in Westlake Village, California, and has offices in major advertising markets worldwide. For more information, please visit www.valueclick.com.
ValueClick - 8 months ago
ValueClick, Inc. is an online marketing services company. The Company sells targeted and measurable online advertising campaigns and program...