Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. They are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
Staff have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
Responsible for developing community-based relationships with community leaders, including worksites and health care systems, in assigned territory. Serves as community mobilizer of volunteers so as to achieve ACS community presence standards and business objectives.
- Serves as comprehensive ACS liaison to the community through effective relationships with community leaders.
- Actively recruits, trains, and supports volunteers to carry out comprehensive and diverse community presence portfolio.
- Develops, manages and leverages key community relationships and accounts, including event leaders, corporations and health care systems, toward achievement of ACS nationwide priorities and fundraising outcomes.
- Identifies market opportunities by networking with key community organizations and associations.
- Implements volunteer succession strategies to ensure sustained business results are achieved and future leaders continually developed.
- Leverage Relay For Life as a year-round platform for community presence.
- Responsible for fostering a fully integrated ACS portfolio in assigned communities through fulfillment of Community Presence Minimum Standards.
- Monitors progress on an on-going basis through the use of business tracking systems and processes.
- Ensures adherence to American Cancer Society policies, procedures and standards.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other staff as appropriate in marketing of the ACS brand.
- Serves as a content expert for selected program of work as assigned.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned.
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience and minimum of 2 years experience in sales and/or marketing, volunteer management, and/or health related area.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers and in project management.
- Proven relationship building, persuasion, and influence skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Proven business development skills, including negotiation, contract management, budgeting, and multi-task project leadership.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with experience in sales and client presentations.
- Computer competency, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, database management, and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to travel extensively within assigned territory.
- Frequent contact with community leaders, and key accounts, including volunteers.
- Collaborates with other members of regional/state team.
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major...