Under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, performs client treatment programs and activities as prescribed and provides technical assistance regarding therapeutic programs, methods, and equipment, in accordance with Concentra Medical Centers Injury Process Management and Concentra Medical Centers philosophy of rehabilitation in occupational medicine.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepares patient and equipment for treatments by positioning patient and assembling equipment necessary for treatment.
Under direct supervision of the Therapist, applies basic modalities with established patients.
Assists in carrying out various treatment procedures established by the therapist.
Observes, records and reports to Therapist patient’s condition, reaction and response to treatment.
Assists in supervision of patients with established exercise routines as approved by the Therapist.
Ensures there is an adequate supply of materials available.
Changes linens and cleans and maintains equipment and work area.
Ensures the safety and maintenance of physical areas and equipment used during therapy/treatment.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
- Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
- Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
- If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Six months experience in a Physical Therapy or Sports/Athletic Department
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to communicate effectively; must present in a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
- Ability to apply the use and care of physical therapy equipment.
- Ability to apply practical knowledge of physical therapeutic activities.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently in emergency situations.
- Ability to assist and prepare patients for treatment with various therapy exercises and equipment.
- Ability to make observations of changes or reactions in patients and accuracy in reporting such observations.
- Ability to exercise emotional control and conceal natural aversion for certain patient conditions.
- Ability to apply safe work practices on the job.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Clinical Environment
- May require long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities.
Concentra Inc. - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...