BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
By exposing the engineer to many areas of the design, this position is intended to train new college graduate engineers for a career in read channel development and/or verification. The manager of this position will take an active role in providing training and helping the engineer pursue such future opportunities.
- Researching the features and functions of our chip, define databases, write scripts, and participate in technical writing in order to improve the read channel product spec.
- Work closely with digital and analog designers as well as professional technical writers.
Training available for:
- Hard drive and read channel technology
- Perl script writing
- Verilog HDL
- ASIC development
- Static timing analysis
Design research responsibilities:
- interviewing engineers
- examining Verilog code
- running simulations
Perl script writing responsibilities:
- auditing documentation
- automatically generating or enhancing documentation
- Familiarity with design concepts and architectures for complex digital and/or analog circuits
- Superior writing and English grammar skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Very good analytical/debugging skills
- Knowledge of Verilog or VHDL design languages
- Knowledge of static timing analysis
- Experience with C or C++ code language is a plus
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Perl, python) is a plus
- Experience in digital logic design and verification is a plus
- Experience with ASIC EDA tools used in simulation is a plus
LSI Corporation - 17 months ago
LSI is an Avago Technologies Company. Visit www.avagotech.com for information on Avago's broad range of analog, digital, mixed signal and...