Prevention Coordinator (Job Number: 322743)
SAIC is seeking Prevention Coordinators for multiple states/territories to work with the Joint Forces Headquarters (JFHQ), and under direction of the National Guard Bureau (NGB) Prevention, Response and Outreach (PRO) program. The successful candidate will provide an overarching program management, coordination and implementation in support of the NGB and Army National Guard (ARNG) mission to provide National Guard and Reserve members and their Families with information, services, referrals, and proactive outreach opportunities throughout the pre-deployment, deployment and post-deployment reintegration process.
Positions are contingent upon contract award.
The responsibilities of the Prevention Coordinator include, but are not limited to, supporting the following programs: Risk Reduction and Suicide Prevention (R2SP); Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment (SAP); Sexual Harassment Assault Response Prevention Program (SHARP). Under the direction of the Regional lead and NGB PRO management office, the Project Manager/Prevention Coordinator conducts state and local needs assessments, identifies gaps in service delivery, provides various training and education programs for Command, Guardsmen/Families, and resource providers at the state and community level. The PRO Project Manager/Prevention Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership, direction and guidance in the performance of such functions as: 1) monitoring, coordinating, and implementing suicide prevention policies; 2) monitoring, coordinating, and implementing SHARP surveillance and assignment policies; and 3) · monitoring, coordinating, and implementing SAP policies; and 4) providing continuity and coordination expertise for other health promotion issues affecting personnel readiness.
Minimum Education skills and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field (i.e. Suicide Prevention, Military Family Support, counseling or business/ program management).
- Must have at least one year of related experience (counseling of troubled youths/ conducting behavioral studies by creating programs to support family health, and identify risks whether drug use risk or suicide risk)
- Military experience is preferred but not required.
- Broad based knowledge, experience, and skills in the areas of military personnel, human resources, and Family programs.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of military well-being programs, Family programs, and the deployment support cycle requirements or alike programs.
- Program development, management, and implementation experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and ability to analyze statistical data and brief trend analysis based on compiled data.
- Experience in making oral presentations to various size groups.
Good interpersonal communication skills must be demonstrated. Must be computer literate and proficient in with Microsoft office Suite. Must have the ability to gather information, make recommendations for program improvement, synthesize information, and provide communication (orally and written) to disseminate information throughout the local, state and national NGB organizations. Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
Must be able to obtain a security clearance and be willing to travel.
· National Guard Service or National Guard civilian provider experience.
· Certification in Suicide Prevention Program implementation.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 27, 2013, 11:04:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-GU-HAGATNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: ADP2 / IT2
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 18 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...