Senior eCommerce Developer
This role is responsible for the design, development and support of J2EE solutions which implement key eCommerce capabilities at OfficeMax.
This role requires the technical subject matter expertise necessary to deliver predictable enterprise-level, eCommerce applications which meet both the business and technology needs of OfficeMax. Skills include experience with development, documentation and implementation in current development tools. This position requires substantial communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams.
Experience and skills:
- Participate in the development and maintenance of various OfficeMax eCommerce systems.
- Participate in the analysis and selection of 3rd party frameworks that embody the OfficeMax architecture strategies and principles.
- Creating documentation and training related to the eCommerce systems which are managed by this role.
- Keeping abreast of developing and emerging design and implementation tools and technologies and facilitate training and mentoring on these topics to the enterprise.
- Ability to adapt technologies to meet the needs of the OfficeMax business in a manner that can be easily utilized across the enterprise.
- Demonstrates a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
- 5-8 years of experience developing and supporting J2EE applications applications with an emphasis on retail eCommerce.
- Demonstrated experience in advanced development practices and techniques with emphasis on reliability, scalability and reuse.
- Practical experience implementing J2EE applications with associated automated testing practices such as unit, integration point, durability and resiliency.
- Experience with UML modeling
- Experience in test driven development using tools like JUNIT
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively other IT teams.
Founded in 2005 by Terry Howerton and Fred Hoch, ITA evolved from previous organizations, the Chicago Software Association and the...