THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
The Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for Enterprise Operations (EO) has limited authority to act on behalf of Exelis Systems Corporation and almost full and autonomous responsibility for the overall effective management and allocation of the personnel and resources necessary to meet all Enterprise Operations contract specifications. Reports directly to the Program Manager.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Responsible for all logistics services, infrastructure support and the Cyber Center for the program.
2. Develops, implements and applies enterprise operations maintenance and management control procedures. Ensures that quality standards are applied to all levels of the work and measured for effectiveness.
3. Establishes policies and procedures for performance and control of contract related management functions and the management and supervision of technical support.
4. Collaborates with the ChIO to transition projects from future operations to implementation on the program.
5. Directs/monitors the development of project standard operating procedures.
6. Ensures that maintenance, supply, operation of Government Communications-Electronic systems and other services are provided as required in support of the project.
7. Serves as secondary liaison between company and Government on this contract, interfacing with Government contracting authorities, using agencies, technical representatives and managers.
8. Monitors budget and contractual performance.
9. Takes action to minimize/correct discrepant conditions.
10. Manages submission of CDRL reports as required.
11. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer and other general office equipment
Work is generally conducted in an office environment and at project work areas.
Work may require stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical dangers and chemical or hazardous agents.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in business, information management or a closely related field. Master’s Degree is preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired. ITIL Foundation V3 certification required. Lean Six Sigma certification (Green/Black belt) is a plus. Must be a U.S. citizen with a SECRET clearance.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in management–level Information Technology positions of increasing responsibility and complexity. Five years specialized experience in operating administrative or managerial activities in a type of work related to a military enterprise-level IT environment. Experience in planning personnel requirements, changing mission requirements, and military correspondence required.
Must possess excellent computer, interpersonal, personnel management, and oral and written communication skills. Intermediate ITIL certification level preferred.
Manages enterprise operations functions across the program.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
ITT Exelis - 2 years ago