Responsible for performing dental hygiene procedures chair side in schools or in a clinic; conducts educational dental programs in school and other agencies; and coordinates with educational, public health, and dental agencies in carrying out dental health programs.
EEOC CODE: 80
GRADE: 48 Minimum Qualifications Three (3) year's experience in dental public health and Graduation from an accredited school of Dental Hygiene; licensed or eligible for licensure to practice dental hygiene in Tennessee. (PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements Duties and Responsibilities 1. Assists in the promotion and evaluation of dental health programs.
2. Holds dental education clinics and consultations at schools and child health conferences.
3. Conducts dental health education activities in schools, colleges, workshops and public health meetings.
4. Assists with the recommendations and preparation of dental health educational materials.
5. Advises on matters relating to dental hygiene.
Compiles records and make reports.
6. Assists the dental officer in clinical activities.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Thorough knowledge of dental hygiene sciences including the principles, practices, and procedures of dental hygiene.
2. Considerable knowledge of methods and techniques involved in dental prophylaxis of the objective and services of a dental health program, of social and economic forces affecting dental health and of dental hygiene consultative techniques.
3. Skill in planning and presenting dental hygiene lectures, demonstrations and instructions.
4. Some knowledge of the principles methods of supervision.
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 20 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...