Job Title: Mobility and Technology Supervisor Reports to: Sales and Services Manager
Position Summary :
Responsible for creating and maintaining a successful Inspired Selling culture in the Mobile Technology Department and is committed to delivering results by providing solutions to customers by developing and managing relationships. This individual also acts as the team lead within the department – driving computing and mobility sales, training and coaching team members on selling techniques, and inspiring other team members through positive attitude and behaviors. The Tech Sales Supervisor must have excellent communication skills including listening and gaining a thorough understanding of customers’ needs in order to offer them the best solution. The Mobility and Technology Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the Mobile Technology Department achieves key selling metrics through individual sales achievement; Selling metrics include personal and department handset sales budget, attachment sales, Extended Service Protection sales and the building of a book of business through lead generation.
Drive profitable sales growth through selling Mobile Technology products by creating and maintaining an Inspired Selling Culture and building a pipeline through effective customer relationship management. Lead the department by coaching and developing the abilities of other associates.
Leadership: Runs an efficient and effective sales operation through effective team work and leadership. Partners with SSM on Staples Technology programs as needed. Communicates and partners regularly with all associates across the store, including but not limited to the Tech Sales Associates, Certified Techs as well as the managers in order to grow the book of business. Leads the selling culture by role modeling the Sales and Service behaviors.
People: Involved in the selection, recruitment and performance assessments of Tech Sales associates. C oaches Technology associates on how to position and sell Mobile Technology. Encourages and models accountability for exceeding customer and sales expectations. Provides on-the-job mobile technology training to new hires.
Selling: Actively builds and manages a sales pipeline through customer relationship management. Champions Mobile Technology selling programs as well as the entire tech suite; is the expert on all tech products and the entire mobile eco-system. Has the ability to present the entire tech solution to meet customers’ needs. Exhibits Staples Selling behaviors in all interactions and communications with customers, associates and management; coaches team of associates to do the same. Responds to and resolves customer requests and concerns.
Operations: Responsible for ensuring all operational policies and processes are followed. Responsible for weekly update to carrier pricing and rate plans, planogram updates, and weekly promotions. Stays current on new Mobile technologies, products and services as well as all technology products. Coordinates store activities with carrier field reps including training and in-store events as well as drive customer awareness.
Primary Responsibilities :
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Serve as the customer’s technology consultant
- Focus on selling wireless technology products and services as well as technology products to new and existing customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with local carrier reps
- Meet or exceed established personal and department sales goals
- Build a book of business through in-store customer engagement, referrals and outbound calls
- Track and monitor leads in salesforce.com
- Determine and demonstrate understanding of customer’s needs
- Partner with Tech associates to promote the wireless program and sell connected services products
- Build expertise on products and services by completing training modules
- Provide an inviting environment for the customers by maintaining a neat and clean area
- Organize and maintain accurate records or customer contracts
- Set up and change planogram with new phone assortments
- Exhibit Easy Sales and Service behaviors in all interactions and communications with customers, associates and management
- Adhere to all company policies procedures & safety standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Results Orientation : Demonstrates strong drive to deliver meaningful results through selling technology products and services. Sets high standards of performance for self & others.
- Build Relationships : Excellent ability to assess customers’ needs and offer them a full technology solution that meets or exceeds their expectations. Relates to co-workers and managers in an open and friendly manner and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Engage & Inspire: Leads the Tech Sales team to achieve goals and drives the overall sales of the department (Products and Services) through projecting a positive image, and exhibiting inspired or advanced level of selling behaviors. Coaches’ junior associates to improve skills.
- Managing Execution: Ability to be organized and plan work to ensure that work is completed on time and to high standards. Follows all company & departmental operational standards, processes and procedures.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal skills. Able to accurately assess customers’ technical knowledge and communicate information in a way the customer can understand. Able to remain calm during tense or stressful situations
- Analysis : Actively listen and ask customers questions to collect sufficient information to understand problems/ issues. Ability to analyze problems & issues from different points of view
- Adaptability : Able to adapt to shifting or competing priorities; flexible “can do” attitude
- Leveraging Diversity : Works cooperatively with people who have different backgrounds, knowledge, styles, talents, perspectives, values and beliefs
Staples - 12 months ago
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...