Sr. IT Client Support Specialist is responsible for providing high-end, expert-level Tier 2 frontline Unix/Linux user support and desktop assistance for staff and students, as well as advanced technology support and troubleshooting for research computer labs in a multiple building setting.
Typical day includes:
• responding to a variety of support requests in-person or remotely
• performing technical troubleshooting
• workstation builds/rebuilds
• installing operating systems
• software/hardware installs
• patching systems and protecting against viruses/malware
• Troubleshooting peripheral and mobile devices.
1. 5+ years of experience in the direct delivery of IT support and network services
2. Strong technical skills in the configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix distributions such as (Red Hat, Ubuntu or Mandriva) as well as Microsoft Windows (all versions), Mac OS 8.0 and above, Microsoft Office Suite, Mozilla email and web clients, Telnet clients, SSH clients, Antivirus software, TCP/IP, and imaging software and well as experience troubleshooting peripherals (printers, scanners) and handheld devices (mobile, tablets, PDAs).
3. Experience installing and supporting, X11, Cygwin, LaTeX/MacTeX, and Ghostscript.
4. L+, LPIC-1, MSCE, A+, Network +, CCNA, ACMT, ITIL or other industry standard certifications.
5. Experience with configuration, installation, and troubleshooting Centos, Scientific Linux
6. Experience with one or more widely used mathematical software applications such as Matlab, Mathematica, Maple, R, or Stata.
Medix Staffing Solutions Inc. - 9 months ago