- Supports the direction set forth by the shift supervisor.
- Supervises hourly employees performing various production operations. Administers all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to direct reports.
- Responsible for on-the-job training of employees. Instructs new or reassigned employees in the safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining labor within an assigned department levels. Reassigns labor on idle equipment to eliminate unfavorable labor variance.
- Observes production operation within area of control to ascertain compliance with quality, safety, production standards, work rules, and efficient operation of equipment. Takes corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Reports potential production downtime, scrap production, and quality of each machine under the supervisor’s responsibility and summarizes data from shift.
- Assures all plant safety/accident prevention policies are adhered to as stated in the employee handbook. This includes maintaining a safe work environment and safe work practices, and accident investigation when necessary.
- Wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Maintains housekeeping of work areas.
- High school diploma and some degree of equivalent experience.
- Must have good communications and people skills.
- Must be self motivated.
- Must have good attendance record and an employee in good standing.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Directly supports the supervisor of the production shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond in group environments.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics inference, and fundamentals of geometry, trigonometry, and statistics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of instructions and customer needs.
Amcor - 14 months ago
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...