Perform general shop help and assembly functions in shop.
Precision Assembly, Drilling, Pressure testing and bucking for fabrication of ResShunt Products.
Reports to Production Supervisor
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Assembler shall typically perform, but not limited to the following functions:
- Read and apply drawings and specifications.
- Cut shunt tubes and install.
- Drill nozzle holes in shunt tubes.
- Fit and prepare products for assembly and welding.
- Fit and assemble parts/components or subassemblies related to ResShunt screens.
- Cut and assemble shrouds.
- Work closely with the Welders in performing assembly functions.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machine/equipment involved in accordance to procedures.
- If a non-conformance/incident or other aspects which may lead to non-conformance/incident/increased cost is detected, notify QC Inspector and a Non-Conformance Report will be filled out immediately.
- Select and use appropriate tools and fixtures.
- Deburr, clean and drift pipe.
- Operate bucking machine.
- Prepare screens and pipe for shipping.
- Maintain cleanliness in shop.
- High pressure testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Wear proper PPE at all times.
- Observe, respect and follow health, safety, and environmental policies and guidelines.
- Complete required QSHE training.
- Accountable for information security.
Familiarity with the following mechanical operations:
Participate in shift flexibility which includes nights and weekend as needed.
- Measuring devices (electronic & Mechanical)
- Torque machine
- Hand tools
- Pressure test equipment and software.
- Chop and band saws.
- Drill press
Certified for crane and forklift or willing to be certified.
- Should be familiar with computers and system for data logging
- Ability to perform basic math computations based on specifications in drawings and/or physical measurements.
- Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings, process and safety instructions and to complete written reports/documentation.
- Ability to use all types of measuring equipment applicable to area.
Physical (Health) Requirements:
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Kneeling and crouching, 90% of the time
- Excellent vision and hearing
- Lifting or extending force, medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force 5-20% of the time and/or up to 20 pounds of force 50% of the time, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Pay rate is 17-19/hr
National Employment Service Corp. - 9 months ago
National Employment is a full service staffing agency serving the continental United States. With over 50 years of industry experience, cutt...