Bachelors degree with a minimum of 10 years experience within an HR function including extensive interface roles with the client groups related to employee relations issues.
HR functional knowledge including employee relations and employment law.
Must have a proven track record of quantifiable process improvement.
Proven change management skills and a proven track record in working with senior managers and influencing decisions and actions.
Proven ability to influence others without direct authority. Challenges and does so constructively.
Ability to provide analysis of ER metric data to businesses,
Experience working in a global environment, particularly understanding employee relations and employment law implications of having several cultures working closely with each other.
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Employee advocacy skills.
• Provide and oversee employee relations support including employee and management counseling and issues facilitation.
• Maintain good relations by quickly responding to employee concerns.
• Participate with and recommend strategies for management in the development and implementation of innovative human resources practices to meet global business needs.
• Provide effective coaching and counseling at all levels of the organization. Support employee relations by actively and in timely manner identify and recommend workable solutions .
• Counsel management on employee relations/discipline and performance activities in support of business strategies and program/policy consistency.
• Partner with legal, compliance and other shared services to ensure effective case management and resolution.
• Respond to and investigate employee issues and complaints. Strategize regarding appropriate corrective action and work with respective manager to implement such action.
• Directs or guides investigations and inquiries into internal claims of discrimination, sexual harassment and or any perceived unfair treatment in the workplace.
• Ensures all related documentation is comprehensive, appropriate to the situation and timely.
• Responds to internal complaints presented through various avenues to include the Integrity Hotline, email, direct calls, etc.
• Provides creative solutions to issues and works to resolve work-related issues with comprehensive knowledge of company policies, procedures, practices and all state, federal, etc. labor laws and regulations.
• Provides individual counsel, recommendations and coaching to staff at all organizational levels related to performance, misconduct, policy violations as needed.
• Proactively address employee relations issues and concerns, share best practices, discuss concerns/solutions, and partner on issues involving HR policies and practices.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
GlaxoSmithKline is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - and we are proudly committed to diversity in our workforce.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GlaxoSmithKline - 2 years ago
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and...