Please note: Your application to this job will be a direct email to an Ameriprise recruiter. When you apply, simply submitting an email address does not mean you've applied. Please, ensure you complete the entire application process to be considered a candidate. If you are having difficulty applying for this job or you're leveraging a free email account (ie: gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an experienced professional to join a growing team practice in the Cody, WY area. This advisor will have access to a team with extensive advisory, leadership and management success. The expertise that will be provided to the AFA include team building, systems management, financial planning, insurance, tax and estate planning, and practice development. We are looking for an advisor to join our team to immediately begin working with a very large book of business. This advisor will be assigned a large number of clients that have been with the team for many years and will need to quickly focus on building relationships with those clients and servicing them in all financial planning areas.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice.
Marketing and Client Acquisition ≥ 10%
Financial Planning and Advice ≥ 35%
- Develop and implement annual marketing plan to meet client acquisition goals.
- Contact prospects to set up meetings or appointments.
- Coordinate seminars and client appreciation events.
- Leverage natural market to drive new client acquisition.
- Learn and implement client referral program.
- Use network marketing with Center of Influence to drive client acquisition.
- Implement key marketing activities including:
- Personal website.
- Free web marketing.
- My Financial Accounts.
- Client Contact Model.
- Referrals and Networking.
- Seminars and Events.
- Local advertising and media relations.
- Office branding.
Product Solutions ≥ 35%
- Identify clients to engage or re-engage in planning relationships.
- Prepare for client meetings focused on planning discussions.
- Gather and enter client data into Financial Planning Tool Suite.
- Create planning deliverables.
- Perform case analysis and develop recommendations.
- Conduct and/or participate in client meetings to present recommendations/deliver advice.
- Track/hold clients accountable to agreed upon actions.
- Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested, as it relates to servicing their accounts.
Business Management 15 - 20%
- Determine the client’s risk tolerance.
- Determine the client’s time frame.
- Develop portfolio/robust product solution recommendations that will fit the client’s risk tolerance and time frame.
- Run illustrations and hypotheticals.
- Develop appropriate product deliverables.
- Persuade clients to act upon advice/recommendations.
- Execute trades to align with proposed portfolio.
- Monitor economy, markets, and world events to determine any required strategic rebalancing.
- Manage wholesaler relationships.
- Conduct transactions on behalf of clients without franchisee approval (full licensing is required).
- Review work methods and procedures for possible quality improvements and efficiencies and implement them when appropriate.
- Assign and delegate work and provide feedback, when appropriate, to other planning support staff.
- Conduct daily stand-up and weekly staff meetings.
- Act as a technical resource and provide training and support to other practice members.
Key Traits of a Successful AFA
- Set up and maintain client management system (i.e. Contact Manager).
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead.
- Review and respond to emails as necessary.
- Maintain files and records in accordance with the records retention policy.
- Ability to market to local clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communications and persuasive ability.
- Analytical ability, persistence and an entrepreneurial perspective to build a client base.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial and regulatory agencies.
- To be an associate financial advisor, you will need to already have (preferred) or be willing to study for and pass exams for federal and state licenses and registrations for securities - including:
- Series 7.
- Series 66.
- State life, accident and health insurance licenses.
Ameriprise Financial - 7 months ago
It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products,...